Best file sharing apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by danpass, Jul 19, 2009.

1. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

There is a thread in the App forum that I've bumped twice with no response to determine if Air Sharing (or perhaps Pro) is the best or if there is a better option out there.

AS Pro (which has a print option) looks to be getting mixed reviews right now in the App store.

Basically I'd like to turn the iPhone into mass storage over wifi with the hopeful additional options to email out docs/pdfs/pics/etc that I put in the phone memory (the aforementioned Printing would be nice also).

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

I've used air sharing pro for a while and it works well enough. I like the app and have never had a problem with it. Though I did get it when it was free, but I'd probably pay for it if needed at this point.

3. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

For storage purposes, the non-pro Air Sharing is really a great app. I have had zero problems with lost or missing files or readability of a file. The online access to files is great if you need to edit a document quickly and print it. Viewing is decent with the new update, was better. Large PPT files can be slow to render and may crash, it works good for <10 slides. Excel files are very awkward to view in portrait.

I have not used any other files sharing app because I've been happy with Air Sharing and it suits my needs.

I can't comment on the Pro version but I remember a professor of mine had it and complained about bad experiences with viewing PDF and trying to connect to an office network printer.

4. iphoneftw macrumors 6502

my favorite service has been Dropbox
    it has a good web app
    and there gonna get an app soon on the app store

5. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

I have Air Sharing Pro and I got it on sale for the price of Air Sharing. I really like it. I haven't had any problems other than the fact that it won't let me print a .doc file. It's speedy and easy to use but I don't get much out of the "wireless hard drive" feature since my 16GB iPod Touch is full.

6. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Air sharing pro works flawlessly on my macs.