Best Finance/Budget App?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by DarkVictory, Jul 4, 2010.

1. DarkVictory macrumors member

I'm looking for a decent app where I can keep track of all my expenses. I use iXpense on my iPod Touch, but that looks crappy on the iPad. An app like that one or a similar one would be ideal. Anyone use one like that they can recommend?

2. SVT Amateur macrumors 6502

You Need a Budget is great but you have to have the desktop client as well for it to work. It is by far the best money managing software I have used and I've used plenty.

3. The Mad Kiwi macrumors 6502

4. DarkVictory thread starter macrumors member

What about iBear Money? Is it worth the 20 bucks?

5. Alicia4065 macrumors regular

Well I used Pocket Money for when I had my Ipod Touch and now used it on the Ipad which looks great. I'm also testing out HomeBudget and Pageonce since they both have sync capabilities since now I carry a Iphone besides the Ipad.

6. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

I use Mint on my phone and it is awesome. It looks like they have had a lot of requests for porting to the iPad so they might.

7. lillianad macrumors member

Another vote for Pocket Money. First used it in them Newton days :eek:

8. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

Pocket Money. Been using since I first installed it on Palm m505 nearly ten years ago.

9. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

Give Mint.com a try. It is a free online personal finance service that can create budgets, track investments and automatically integrates with all your financial services (banks, credit cards co. loans, etc.). It is really well put together.

I believe there is even a free iPad app for it on the App Store.

10. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

I've always been a fan of Money by Jumsoft, iPhone and iPad apps along with their desktop version.

11. kris182 macrumors newbie

12. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

The internet version is way more powerful and I think has a lot of flash graphs. There is no dedicated iPad version but it does have a basic iPhone app which is ok...not great compared to web version.

What I love about mint.com is it does everything for me. It lets me set up budgets...it automatically is able to categorize everything into each budget very well...if i go over a budget for a month it sends me alerts...it is just really awesome. I can't wait for them to make an iPad app which I know a lot of people are already requesting. It also alerts me if the balance on an account gets too low. It is all tied into online banking as well. I really don't think I could live without it.

13. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

I use it and I like it very much. I don't know if it is worth the money for you though. All I can tell you is that I like the interface and it covers almost everything I expect from such a program.