Best Fitting Watch Band Adapters?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by iBighouse, Jun 28, 2015.

1. iBighouse macrumors 6502a

iBighouse

I'm interested in getting some additional bands for my watch. I have seen many on etsy that I like and even the hoco SS band is enticing. However, often the adapters for these don't seem to fit very well in the photos I've seen. So, does anyone know of a third party seller for the stainless steel adapters that fit as well as the Apple original bands do?

2. linhromrom macrumors member

not sure what you meant by adapters dont seem to fit very well. I have 3 cheap adapters and they fit exactly like the classic leather buckle adapter from Apple. Its just i need to get the cheap ones cause the Apple one only comes with shiny silver.

3. iBighouse thread starter macrumors 6502a

iBighouse

Well, I've seen some like the hoco adapters that come on the hook watch bands that are really bad. There seems to be a big gap in how the adapter seats in the groove and it doesn't appear to be very flush with the watch's case.

4. chillg8r macrumors regular

chillg8r

Admittedly I've only received 3 different sets of adapters from 3 different suppliers on eBay and Amazon but none of them fit the way Apple adapts fit. The apple bands I have slide on "like butta", the three adapters I've received all have to be forced on and off. And none of them are a perfect match for my SG Sport watch. I am anxiously awaiting the Click adapters and am hopeful that they are a perfect mach and that they go on smoothly, but i don't expect to receive them until mid to late July. If those don't work then I'll keep waiting. JMO

5. linhromrom, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015

linhromrom macrumors member

hmmm. I must be the lucky one then. All the ones that i've got from Ebay flush so well with the case and taking it on and off is so easy. Just slide it in and out in 2 seconds.

Except when i purchased a cheaply made leather band (just to use an adapter) it wasn't good. But all those that i bought by itself (from 3 different sellers) are all good. I can upload more pictures if you guys want.

ps: the style of Click Adapter just doesnt work for me, i have a very small wrist, so with the design of click, the adapter blends in with the watch, gives it a slightly bigger face which makes the watch bigger ....

DSCF5237.JPG

6. BravoRomeoHotel macrumors member

Amazon seller Stouch. Mine fit perfect and are gunmetal grey.

7. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Huh??? Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?!

8. Javabird macrumors 6502

I've had the same concern as the OP. I really want to try some 3rd party bands but I've been hesitating because I'm worried about buying an adapter that might mar up my watch.

9. iBighouse thread starter macrumors 6502a

iBighouse

10. Mac2me, Jul 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015

Mac2me macrumors 6502a

Look forward to your review and whether the visible part of the adapter located under the tubular bar when installed is polished stainless or not. Doesn't sound like it from the description or picture: "STAINLESS STEEL: Made of premium stainless steel. Please note this is not a polished steel. It's brushed steel. The adapter goes inside the watch and not visible once it's on your watch."

FYI. I hate to disagree with them on not being visible. I posted under the freedomoclock adapter thread photos of the ones they are selling, and the tubes and outer length of the adapter and sides, which are all visible, are all polished stainless. Take a look at the 2nd photo for the classic adapter: http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...om-freedomoclock.1892681/page-2#post-21536589

11. Seth Matthews macrumors member

Seth Matthews

12. iBighouse thread starter macrumors 6502a

iBighouse

Well my LUVVITT adapters arrived today. I'm very happy with the fit and finish on them.

Sorry about the iPhone fuzzy photo, but you'll get the idea I think. IMG_3826.JPG

13. Seth Matthews macrumors member

Seth Matthews

Awesome! Do they slide in as easily and nicely as Apple's?

14. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Great question!! I'd like to know this too, because both of the adapters I bought (one from China, one that came with my Hoco band) SUCK. The China one is really tight and the Hoco one is loose and doesn't sit flush in the slot.

15. iBighouse thread starter macrumors 6502a

iBighouse

I only have my sports black band that came with the watch to compare it to. So I don't really know how to respond to this. When I look at the sport band, it has plastic surfaces that glide effortlessly into place. The LUVVITT band has a bit more resistance and "catches" but it does move into place with minimal effort and removes as easily. I don't feel like I'm force fitting it at all. And the tubes as well as the outer case surface matches the watch case nicely. I can't detect any difference visually in the polish or the color of the metal. The inside surface of the adapter isn't polished, it's more of a matt stainless steel.

16. Seth Matthews macrumors member

Seth Matthews

Thanks so much! I ordered.

17. iBighouse thread starter macrumors 6502a

iBighouse

18. BravoRomeoHotel macrumors member

Here is my rally brown leather band from strappedfortime.com and my STOUCH adapters from Amazon [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

20. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

I just got Clockwork Synergy premier nylon 2 pieces with AW adaptor for $20. It was on sale so not bad.
    I think the band itself is a little stiff, but not bad after wear it for awhile.
    The adaptor is just ok, specially compare with Apple CB adaptor. CB adaptor does not move at all, regardless how many time I remove, & I swap band almost daily with SB when exercise. CWS adaptor does move slightly, similar movement as Apple SB.
    Both my Apple CB and ML adaptor are rock solid on my SS AW, zero movement at all.