Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donka

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Looking for peoples experience on Infinite Flight and Aerofly FS. Any thoughts on which is the best or what you do or don't like about these apps?

slomo86

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2008
Turkey
I play Infinite Flight and I love it. I haven't ever played Aerofly FS... but looking at the description it doesn't sound as good as Infinite Flight. From the sounds of it Infinite flight seems like it has more airports, planes available and from the screen shots of Aerofly I don't know if I would like the interface, in Infinite Flight its a HUD interface. I think Infinite has about 6 planes that come with the app and you can purchase 20+ planes. As for the airports it only comes with 1 or 2 area's that has 15-30 airports in the areas. I have purchased all of the planes and airport area's, so I'm not sure what all it comes with when you download it.

I am curious to hear some reviews on Aerofly FS...

Donka

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Scotland
I play Infinite Flight and I love it. I haven't ever played Aerofly FS... but looking at the description it doesn't sound as good as Infinite Flight. From the sounds of it Infinite flight seems like it has more airports, planes available and from the screen shots of Aerofly I don't know if I would like the interface, in Infinite Flight its a HUD interface. I think Infinite has about 6 planes that come with the app and you can purchase 20+ planes. As for the airports it only comes with 1 or 2 area's that has 15-30 airports in the areas. I have purchased all of the planes and airport area's, so I'm not sure what all it comes with when you download it.

I am curious to hear some reviews on Aerofly FS...

Thanks. I ended up buying both and I'll write up some quick reviews in a few days.

----------

Try XPlane.

I'm holding off on x-plane for the time being. Reading up they all have issues so thought I would pick up the others because they are either universal or currently on offer.

----------

Free open source and pretty darn good:

http://www.flightgear.org

Thanks but only looking at iPad apps just now.

Trisnpod

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2014
Slomo86 I know what you mean about aerofly. It may not look so much in the description on the App Store, but I got it and infinite, and after aerofly, I never looked back. Aerofly has one big map, so you can do long haul flights all in one go, and on the next update, we will have the whole world to explore! The capital instruments in aerofly are fully functional, and the simulation effects are even better than the infinite ones! Also, there are a much wider range of aeroplanes on aerofly, and more the in-app purchases are a lot cheaper. What mainly does it for me however is the community behind the game. Check out the forum http://www.ipacs.de/forum/forum.php - I am trisnpod on there as well. Seriously, just give aerofly a try. You wont regret it if you want a real sim!

Donka

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Scotland
The one thing I would say about Aerofly is it could use a larger passenger aircraft included as one of the free ones to allow a better idea of how it works as a sim - all the included ones are smaller aircraft.
Infinite Flight have had a recent update which introduces a new subscription for online multiplayer and I'm concerned that is going to affect the game going forward but at least it has a good selection on included passenger aircraft which seem to be important for a flight sim.

AxoNeuron

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2012
The Left Coast
Infinite Flight is the best on the iPad.

By the way, on the PC, the best flight simulator (military) is Digital Combat Simulator A-10C far and away the best flight simulator out there nothing else even comes close it is so amazingly detailed and exciting, I cannot recommend it enough.

85539_DCS-A-10C-08_normal.jpg

air_462a_009.jpg

brn2rnjk1

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
On infinite, is there a way to learn more and do more training? I haven't a clue on how to use the instruments etc. Taking off isn't a big issue it is the rest.

Thanks,
Jim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.