Best Flight Sim?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Donka, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

Looking for peoples experience on Infinite Flight and Aerofly FS. Any thoughts on which is the best or what you do or don't like about these apps?

2. slomo86 macrumors member

slomo86

I play Infinite Flight and I love it. I haven't ever played Aerofly FS... but looking at the description it doesn't sound as good as Infinite Flight. From the sounds of it Infinite flight seems like it has more airports, planes available and from the screen shots of Aerofly I don't know if I would like the interface, in Infinite Flight its a HUD interface. I think Infinite has about 6 planes that come with the app and you can purchase 20+ planes. As for the airports it only comes with 1 or 2 area's that has 15-30 airports in the areas. I have purchased all of the planes and airport area's, so I'm not sure what all it comes with when you download it.

I am curious to hear some reviews on Aerofly FS...

3. Wispy macrumors newbie

4. jlc1978 macrumors 68000

jlc1978

5. Donka thread starter macrumors 68020

Donka

Thanks. I ended up buying both and I'll write up some quick reviews in a few days.

----------

I'm holding off on x-plane for the time being. Reading up they all have issues so thought I would pick up the others because they are either universal or currently on offer.

----------

Thanks but only looking at iPad apps just now.

6. Trisnpod macrumors newbie

Slomo86 I know what you mean about aerofly. It may not look so much in the description on the App Store, but I got it and infinite, and after aerofly, I never looked back. Aerofly has one big map, so you can do long haul flights all in one go, and on the next update, we will have the whole world to explore! The capital instruments in aerofly are fully functional, and the simulation effects are even better than the infinite ones! Also, there are a much wider range of aeroplanes on aerofly, and more the in-app purchases are a lot cheaper. What mainly does it for me however is the community behind the game. Check out the forum http://www.ipacs.de/forum/forum.php - I am trisnpod on there as well. Seriously, just give aerofly a try. You wont regret it if you want a real sim!

7. Donka thread starter macrumors 68020

Donka

The one thing I would say about Aerofly is it could use a larger passenger aircraft included as one of the free ones to allow a better idea of how it works as a sim - all the included ones are smaller aircraft.
    Infinite Flight have had a recent update which introduces a new subscription for online multiplayer and I'm concerned that is going to affect the game going forward but at least it has a good selection on included passenger aircraft which seem to be important for a flight sim.

8. AxoNeuron macrumors 65816

AxoNeuron

Infinite Flight is the best on the iPad.

By the way, on the PC, the best flight simulator (military) is Digital Combat Simulator A-10C far and away the best flight simulator out there nothing else even comes close it is so amazingly detailed and exciting, I cannot recommend it enough.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. brn2rnjk1 macrumors regular

On infinite, is there a way to learn more and do more training? I haven't a clue on how to use the instruments etc. Taking off isn't a big issue it is the rest.

Thanks,
    Jim

10. Donka thread starter macrumors 68020

Donka

Check out this link. The tutorials section is pretty good. Although they are marked as basic, they help cover controls and instruments.

http://feedback.flyingdevstudio.com/knowledgebase