Best fm transmitter/mount.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Berius, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Berius, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011

Berius macrumors member

Sep 17, 2011
  2. TTwardoTT macrumors member

Oct 14, 2011
  3. Berius thread starter macrumors member

Sep 17, 2011
    Checked the reviews for that on amazon. There were quite a few one star ratings. Seems like most these mount fm transmitter combos arent very high quality.

I really want one of these so i can just press the mic button and tell siri to play songs.
  4. brand macrumors 601

Oct 3, 2006
  5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

Sep 8, 2011
    Eureka Springs, Arkansas
    I know the FCC cracked down on FM transmitter power a few years ago, I was an XM dealer at the time and all the XM radios that worked well got discontinued and replaced with ones that worked for crap (weak FM transmitters). I would look for one that has a cable w/ clip that runs out to your car antenna (the XM radios started coming with those, and it helped). No idea if any of the iPhone cradle/transmitters offer this feature, but if so I'd suggest it.

That said, a friend of mine has the Belkin mentioned above and he seems very happy with it.

I use a Parrot MKi 9200 in one car (direct-wire) and tomorrow I'm having a JVC stereo with Bluetooth installed in my other car, specifically because I don't want to deal with FM transmitters.
  6. Berius thread starter macrumors member

Sep 17, 2011
    Well i never had an issue with the sound quality im looking for something with good BUILD quality.

The one i have right now is okay but it is not an all in one. I could get a mount and use my current transmitter but then i would have to try and suction cup it to my windshield or somehow attach it to my dash.