Best fm transmitter/mount.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Berius, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Berius, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011

Berius macrumors member

2. TTwardoTT macrumors member

3. Berius thread starter macrumors member

Checked the reviews for that on amazon. There were quite a few one star ratings. Seems like most these mount fm transmitter combos arent very high quality.

I really want one of these so i can just press the mic button and tell siri to play songs.

4. brand macrumors 601

brand

5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I know the FCC cracked down on FM transmitter power a few years ago, I was an XM dealer at the time and all the XM radios that worked well got discontinued and replaced with ones that worked for crap (weak FM transmitters). I would look for one that has a cable w/ clip that runs out to your car antenna (the XM radios started coming with those, and it helped). No idea if any of the iPhone cradle/transmitters offer this feature, but if so I'd suggest it.

That said, a friend of mine has the Belkin mentioned above and he seems very happy with it.

I use a Parrot MKi 9200 in one car (direct-wire) and tomorrow I'm having a JVC stereo with Bluetooth installed in my other car, specifically because I don't want to deal with FM transmitters.

6. Berius thread starter macrumors member

Well i never had an issue with the sound quality im looking for something with good BUILD quality.

The one i have right now is okay but it is not an all in one. I could get a mount and use my current transmitter but then i would have to try and suction cup it to my windshield or somehow attach it to my dash.