Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
I use UP to input my food daily but it's a time consuming process and it doesn't port data over to the health app.

Anyone have an app they like better than UP?

Or is there one that communicates well with Health?

My dream would be a Siri like app that I can just say what I ate and let it figure everything out. I don't assume there's an app that can do that, but figure there must be something close.

And if yall think UP is the best out there, would love to hear why.

FamiliaPhoto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
Another vote for MyFitnessPal, it has the most complete database of food of any app I'm aware of. It also integrates with Health, Fitbit and a myriad of other apps very well.

I don't think you'll find anything with Siri commands, there are just too many variables when entering foods such as predefined meals where you are not eating part of it (i.e., a hamburger without the bun) and the amount of the portion you ate. I think the user experience would be grueling.

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2012
UK
MFP is awesome, but it looks terrible on iPhone 6/6+. Emailed them about it, they said they don't even have an ETA on it. :(

FamiliaPhoto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
MFP is awesome, but it looks terrible on iPhone 6/6+. Emailed them about it, they said they don't even have an ETA on it. :(

Your right, it needs an update for the 6 and 6+. It will come in time. They have already integrated with HealthKit, so they are on their way.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I too use MFP, but you have to be careful with it; it allows users to update the database, which means that there's a lot of human error. If you don't catch it, some of the info can be really off.

Other than that, I like it.

The latest update also taps into the iPhone's chip to track steps and calculate calories burned.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
To be fair EVERY app developer is dragging their feet on 6/6+ native resolution updates. It’s been weeks!
So how do many of those who have already updated to support 6/6+ fit into that "EVERY"?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Are you always this literal when it comes to language or do you need be taught social linguistics?
Ah, yes, in a medium when literal writing is the basis, a purposefully emphasized and capitalized version of "EVERY" is there to mean not what it means...yeah. WINNING :rolleyes:

grandM

macrumors 68000
Oct 14, 2013
I use UP to input my food daily but it's a time consuming process and it doesn't port data over to the health app.

Anyone have an app they like better than UP?

Or is there one that communicates well with Health?

My dream would be a Siri like app that I can just say what I ate and let it figure everything out. I don't assume there's an app that can do that, but figure there must be something close.

And if yall think UP is the best out there, would love to hear why.

best monitor is your belly ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.