Best football app with push ?

Bettz1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
Leicester,UK
As it's the start of the football season (premiership) I'm after a football app with push notification. At the moment I'm using the sky sports app which is good but missing push. Any recommendations ?

spades1412

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
I use ESPN Scorecenter for MLB and NFL scores. Push can be set up for a number of different things like Game Start, Each Scoring Play, Each quarter and final, and final scores.

Satanic Goat

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2009
I use iFooty Plus, the push is pretty good, you get two different sounds for the goals, a cheery one for your team and a boo style one for the enemy!

I was watching my beloved Hornets thumping Norwich on Friday and the push was fairly quick after the goal.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
I use ESPN Scorecenter for MLB and NFL scores. Push can be set up for a number of different things like Game Start, Each Scoring Play, Each quarter and final, and final scores.
ESPN Scorecenter is awesome. When you get a push, it sounds like the SportsCenter jingle. I love it! :)
Wrong sport, he's asking about proper football. :p

I use iFooty+. You can set push for as many teams as you want and the goal updates come from the BBC news feed.

There's also a nice friendly football thread here on MacRumors if you fancy joining in. :)

Pushkar

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
SW London, UK
Oh, THAT football! Doh! Well, learn how to drive on the PROPER side of the road first! :D
Stop speaking our language yo' ;)

Shocked that there is no killer app for Football or really any sport on the iOS platform, it's a big market but there's no big app, but iFooty is probably the best you will get.

Squid7085

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I know Score Center has some "Proper" Football scores in it, although obvioulsy it isn't very centered around it. Shame really, its a great app, so much so, I would pay for a ScoreCenter app that didn't have ads.

Bettz1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
Leicester,UK
I'm Trying Premier League Sportacular & ifooty although non had the charity shield match today. On another note how hard would it be to make a football app with push? would it be easy to make?

brayhite

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
N. Kentucky
Try Sportacular
This.

I have ESPN Scorecenter as well but I prefer the enormous amount of information easily accessible within the Sportacular app, whereas Scorecenter just has a link to the ESPN Mobile website.

Only gripe with Sportacular is that it does crash from time to time while reloading scores. But the information you do get when it's working fine make up for it.

shotts56

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2008
Scotland
I use Live Scores which works flawlessly, only downside is that here in Scotland it only has the SPL and not the lower leagues.

bier-meister

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2008
Hamburg, Germany
I was using EPL Livecast last season, was a bit hit and miss and sometimes scores would come through in the wrong order or 30 mins after the games was over.

I was looking into a better app and I finally went for My Football Pro 2 over the weekend, it was getting better feedback than iFooty Plus. I read that a lot of people were having similar issues with iFooty that I was having with EPL Livecast above.

I guess I will find out this weekend, I have Arsenal ready to push, hope they don't kill my battery when they go mad scoring :D

andylyon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
London
"ESPN Goals"

New app released this week by ESPN, looks really good and allows you to set your three favourite teams, includes push goal updates.

AnDy

scott99

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2007
Try Sportacular
For some reason, Sportacular, which I prefer to ESPN, has been only sending me push updates very sporadically, while ESPN has been very consistent (and I love their notification jingle, lol).