Best football app with push ?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Bettz1, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Bettz1 macrumors regular

As it's the start of the football season (premiership) I'm after a football app with push notification. At the moment I'm using the sky sports app which is good but missing push. Any recommendations ?

2. spades1412 macrumors 6502

I use ESPN Scorecenter for MLB and NFL scores. Push can be set up for a number of different things like Game Start, Each Scoring Play, Each quarter and final, and final scores.

3. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

ESPN Scorecenter is awesome. When you get a push, it sounds like the SportsCenter jingle. I love it! :)

4. Satanic Goat macrumors regular

Satanic Goat

I use iFooty Plus, the push is pretty good, you get two different sounds for the goals, a cheery one for your team and a boo style one for the enemy!

I was watching my beloved Hornets thumping Norwich on Friday and the push was fairly quick after the goal.

5. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Wrong sport, he's asking about proper football. :p

I use iFooty+. You can set push for as many teams as you want and the goal updates come from the BBC news feed.

There's also a nice friendly football thread here on MacRumors if you fancy joining in. :)

6. Bettz1 thread starter macrumors regular

Cheers guys loved that PROPER FOOTBALL!!!!

Although I am a cowboys fan!!

7. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Oh, THAT football! Doh! Well, learn how to drive on the PROPER side of the road first! :D

8. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

Stop speaking our language yo' ;)

Shocked that there is no killer app for Football or really any sport on the iOS platform, it's a big market but there's no big app, but iFooty is probably the best you will get.

9. xyz1534 macrumors regular

10. Lifesuxsbad macrumors regular

Lifesuxsbad

Good One

Yeah that is my favorite one!!

11. illutionz macrumors 65816

Is it the Premier League Sportacular... or just Sportacular/Sportacular Pro?

12. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

I know Score Center has some "Proper" Football scores in it, although obvioulsy it isn't very centered around it. Shame really, its a great app, so much so, I would pay for a ScoreCenter app that didn't have ads.

13. Bettz1 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm Trying Premier League Sportacular & ifooty although non had the charity shield match today. On another note how hard would it be to make a football app with push? would it be easy to make?

14. brayhite macrumors 6502a

This.

I have ESPN Scorecenter as well but I prefer the enormous amount of information easily accessible within the Sportacular app, whereas Scorecenter just has a link to the ESPN Mobile website.

Only gripe with Sportacular is that it does crash from time to time while reloading scores. But the information you do get when it's working fine make up for it.

15. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

THE BEST! Love that app.

16. der-kaiser macrumors 6502

17. shotts56 macrumors 6502

I use Live Scores which works flawlessly, only downside is that here in Scotland it only has the SPL and not the lower leagues.

18. bier-meister macrumors regular

I was using EPL Livecast last season, was a bit hit and miss and sometimes scores would come through in the wrong order or 30 mins after the games was over.

I was looking into a better app and I finally went for My Football Pro 2 over the weekend, it was getting better feedback than iFooty Plus. I read that a lot of people were having similar issues with iFooty that I was having with EPL Livecast above.

I guess I will find out this weekend, I have Arsenal ready to push, hope they don't kill my battery when they go mad scoring :D

19. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Are you in a backhanded way calling OUR football improper? ;-)

Mike

20. bier-meister macrumors regular

Well to be fair, football is probably the wrong name. The ball probably only touches the foot for less than 10% of the game. Throwball or runwiththeball would be a better name :D

21. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Handegg?

Handegg.jpg

22. kloon macrumors newbie

I use My Football Pro .... great app and the push function is very nice !!

23. andylyon macrumors 6502a

andylyon

"ESPN Goals"

New app released this week by ESPN, looks really good and allows you to set your three favourite teams, includes push goal updates.

AnDy

24. scott99 macrumors 6502a

For some reason, Sportacular, which I prefer to ESPN, has been only sending me push updates very sporadically, while ESPN has been very consistent (and I love their notification jingle, lol).

25. Bettz1 thread starter macrumors regular

I can't get push notifications from EPSN Goals do you have to subscribe? I've set my 3 favourite teams