Best for sofa

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tim100, Sep 5, 2010.

?

Best sofa

1. Ipad

39 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. MacBook air

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. MacBook pro

24 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. tim100 macrumors 65816

Vote in poll what is the best apple product for sofa

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Why isn't the Apple Server a poll option? If you're going to make a poll, at least make it fair.

3. eng42ine macrumors 68000

eng42ine

Or iMac.. The 27" looks phenomenal from across the room..

4. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Have to be the MacBook Air ... can't beat a 3lb notebook for couch surfing, plus the screen and keyboard are great.

iPad not as good unless you're only surfing, 'absorbing content'. For everything else, the keyboard and larger screen of the MBP or MBA are better and faster options ... unless you like to take twice as long or longer to do certain tasks.

The 13" MBP works fine for couch surfing, no matter what position you're sitting in it's manageable. Compared to the MBA if you tried them both sitting on the couch for an hour I'd guess most would choose the MBA or the 13" MBP.

The 15" MBP you'll notice the extra weight and it will seem 'much' bulkier ... certainly not as enjoyable to use on the couch as an MBA or 13" MBP where you can carry/move one handed no problem ... the 15" is just a little on the big side we're it's not as convenient or fun to use.

5. stefan1975 macrumors 6502a

Iphone4. (Is missing from the list btw, pollmeister)

6. green86 macrumors 6502

green86

+1

My xserve usually gets family room duty, but right now I'm using my 15" MacBook Pro :D.

7. Tennyo macrumors member

Tennyo

I only have a MBP so I probably shouldn't vote. But I have a 15" one and it does just fine for couch surfing. :)

8. surfologist87 macrumors 6502

LOL. I never carried/moved a laptop with one hand until i got my Air. Its so great.

Ok, I voted for the Pro. I have had both. And I LOVE the Air, but i think the macbook pro is the better option. Its cheaper and comes with soooo much more power.

Now, if all you wanna do on the sofa is surf the net and type up documents, then totally go for the Air. You will be amazed at the size, and it will be fine for basic computing, plus its awesome to show off to your friends.

In my opinion, the Air is either looking at an update or a discontinue soon..hahaha.
    So the more practical choice would be the 13" Pro for couch surfing. Cheaper, more power, newer more up to date model..

Oh, and no iPad unless you wanna just listen to music and surf some websites with no flash. (Dont get an iPad unless you already have a good computer and this is just a 'toy')

9. bamf macrumors 6502

The iPad rules for the sofa or late night in bed. I'm on the sofa with mine now.

10. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

haha i picked macbook pro because i have one, ipad would be pretty amazing though =D if only star craft could be on it =D haha the touch screen would be amazing

macbook pro - fast fast fast

ipad - extremely light and small (movies, light games, music, and media =D haha love it + ibooks)

i go to electronics stores like best buy and future shop to play with ipads and they are quite amazing, i will definitely have one some day

11. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Okay okay since I'm laying on the couch typing this on my iPad now :D yes it has a role.

If I was going to reply to some emails, surf sites like mls.ca for example, if I want to do things faster then the MacBook Air is it. Provided as mentioned above you're not doing heavy work, Photoshop etc but for general things it's hard to beat the MBA.

Those who didn't vote for the Air in the poll or choose the iPad likely haven't spent time with the MBA, using the iPad and MBA side by side proves the differences real quick.

15" MBP for couch or take everywhere use is a bit too large and heavy for me! Not worth the trade off for the 2" of extra real estate imo.

12. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

haha well i spend more then 8 hours a week at the gym, so its just on extra thing to help tone my tri and biceps =D

13. bigjobby macrumors 65816

girlfriend/wife isn't on the poll :eek:... surely that would trump them all!

14. green86 macrumors 6502

green86

Nice man haha

15. sn0wman72 macrumors member

MacBook for me...the iPad I have but it is not used much