Best forum for advice and suggestions on Windows applications?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ozaz, Apr 29, 2012.

1. ozaz macrumors 65816

MacRumors (specifically the the "Mac Applications and Mac App Store" sub-forum) is great for getting advice and suggestions on Mac software and it's always my first port of call when I need suggestions and advice. But I don't know where to turn to when I need suggestions for Windows software.

In your opinion, what is the best online discussion forum for getting suggestions for Windows software?

2. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

What kind of software are you looking for to use on Windows?

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

4. ozaz, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012

ozaz thread starter macrumors 65816

My question is really in the general sense rather than for a specific type of software. There are so many Windows forums and I don't know which one would be most fruitful to join to get suggestions about windows software in general. As far as I can tell, this "Windows on Mac" sub-forum is not really intended for discussing Windows software, but rather specific issues with running Windows on a Mac. So the main purpose of this thread is to ask if some experienced Windows users on here might be able to offer opinions on what they consider to be the best forums for this.

Having said that, if anyone does want to make specific software suggestions, I do currently have a couple of specific mac apps that I would like to find a windows equivalent:

1. A windows equivalent to this mac app that can automatically generate table of contents from the content of pdf files: http://www.onekerato.me/OneKerato/PDFOutliner.html

2. A windows equivalent to grapher.app (preinstalled in the utilities folder of OS X) that allows you to animate (i.e. goes beyond just plotting) the 3d trajectory of a series of XYZ coordinates.