Best free case and best protective skin?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sloppy Joe, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Sloppy Joe macrumors newbie

I'd like to know what this forum thinks is the best free case available through the case program, and which protective skin (Invisible Shield, etc.) is the best overall.

I got my iPhone 4 a few days ago, and while I don't think I'll actually use the case, I'm still going to take advantage of the free case program. I definitely want a skin on the front and back, though. I had an Invisible Shield on my 3G and was generally pleased with it, but is it the best one?

If I do end up using the case, I'd like the one that adds the least bulk to the phone but is still protective (and stylish). I've seen the bumper, but I don't really like how it puts the ring/silent switch in a little divot. Please note that I am only looking for opinions on the available FREE cases.

2. rans0m00 macrumors 6502

I went with the Speck Fitted and have been happy with it. Not bulky for me and adds a nice grip. The dark tartan pattern on the back is not bad either. Under the Speck case I am using a Wrapsol Ultra skin on the back. Have been nothing but happy with the combo.

3. Absolem macrumors regular

I was waiting for the pixelskin Until the whole fiasco broke loose. I switched to the griffin carbon fiber looking one.

Which was a great move!!!
    I have my incipio NGP for daily use, which provides as good protection as the pixelskin and looks better in my opinion.

The I have my griffin I got from apple for more dress up occasions, less protection than the ngp( or pixelskin) but is thin and so slick looking in black.

Then if you want maximum protection there is otterbox which I use at work(well the knock off mall kiosk version)

Also the zagg IMO might offer the best protection being more of rubber material buts it's garbage, get an sgp oleophobic, absolutely brilliant of a screen protector and doesn't peel up with the cases like my zagg did.

4. h0ttballer macrumors member

5. Absolem macrumors regular

um am I suppose to laugh or ... um yeah... no.

6. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

I have this case and I love it. Yes i'm being serious.

7. skiwil macrumors member

The best screen protector on the market by far is: phone devil. Blows all the others out of the water.

http://phonedevil.com/

Im using this with the speck fitted case. love it.

8. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

i've got a speck hd through the free case program. sent them an email about the buttons being hard to push and they sent me a candyshell and a fitted case. all 3 of them are in a drawer and i continue to use my bumper and ps full body kit!

9. bstpierre macrumors 6502

I recently received my Speck Pixel HD. The buttons are a little hard to press. Who did you send an email to? The biggest bummer for me is that I have a ProClips for the 3G naked and the iPhone 4 naked fit good enough. No case is going to fit though so I am looking at shelling out about $70 to regain my car mount capabilities. I wish I had gotten the bumper instead due to the bulk of the Speck case but sometimes I do like that the back is covered.

To the OP, any case is going to leave the ring silent switch in a divot unless that whole side is uncovered.

10. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I'm using the free Speck HD pixelskin case. It's my favorite case so far, and works great with the PS anti-glare screen cover that I am using.

11. PirateP macrumors 6502

PirateP

Just e-mail customer service on the website. I'm supposed to get the new PS HD in one or two weeks.

12. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Check out defaultcase.com

They have cases for .01
    So far the black case for iPhone 4 is my favorite case overall. I like it better than my free case (speck pixel hd) and the hard candy bubble case. I like it mostly because I can use my Bose sound dock without removing the iPhone from the case.