Best free cydia apps

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kawasakirider, Sep 24, 2011.

1. kawasakirider macrumors regular

If everyone could list their favourite free apps in cydia I'm sure everyone would be greatly appreciative, also if you wouldn't mind giving a brief explanation about what it's about, that would be great.

I'm new to JB, so I'm sticking to simple things so far.

I like FakeCarrier - allows you to change the name of your carrier

SMS black (for use with winterboard), allows you to change the look of your SMS settings to a black background with blue and white speech bubbles.

Any more, guys? Free ones only, please.

2. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

3. kawasakirider thread starter macrumors regular

Ahh, the not so witty retort of the internet bada$$. I searched and read that thread. I don't feel like searching for each app and seeing if it's free or not. That is not specified within that thread.

Back in your box.

I find it funny that you instruct people on how they should conduct themselves, according to your preferences, yet in the same signature you make obvious spelling mistakes.

4. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

Kawa is right here, your signature is incorrect and don't be so brusque when other people ask for jailbreaks.

5. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

hang on a second, it was you who read what i posted in such form - as a statement i am correct. if you had searched, you would've found lots of threads on the subject and instead of waiting for the replies to roll in, they're already populated with lots of great ideas, tweaks and themes. I wasn't saying it to be funny, there are a lot of good threads that get buried over time.
    Please look past your own ignorance before looking at someone else's.

you are entitled to your opinion, however your sentence/post doesn't make sence; the OP wasn't asking for help with jailbreaks.

As for both of you, there are no spelling mistakes :)

EDIT: I think you might be referring to the "thank you an good nite" - this is a saying by a fictional character pictured in my avatar: the users from the UK would know this, too :)

6. kawasakirider thread starter macrumors regular

I wasn't asking for help with jb, I was asking what people have found to be good FREE apps. That tread doesn't specify.

7. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

One can assume that the OP needs help since he/she are new to JBing

Many more Americans are on this forum, perhaps you should note your signature is intended for UK people then.

If we are referring to correct English, nite is supposed to be spelled as night.
    Unless the British use a completely different set of English words, to my extent nite is spelled incorrectly.

8. kawasakirider thread starter macrumors regular

I'm an Australian, so I use British English, "and" with the "D" omitted and lacking an apostrophe is incorrect, and "nite" is incorrect also.

I still don't get how the guy who has it in his sig can discern how the speaker thinks it is spelled just from his pronounciation of the word.

Anyway this is way off track. Does anyone have anything constructive to add? I'm having fun with my JB but I'm sure there are some great apps out there that don't have a cult following, thus making them hard to find when searching the web. Any free app that you like, post it in here please.

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

Omg stop being lazy and search. Google YouTube and the forum already have threads reviews. I don't see the need to tell you stuff that's been posted and asked many times. Sbsettings there ya go.

10. Sparky9292 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8J2)

AppSync is the best free app on Cydia hands down.