Best Free game or app that showcases 6+?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Shikaka, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Shikaka macrumors regular

I wasn't in to playing games on the older smaller iPhones. Now that I have a 6+ I'd like to see what the best-of-the-best games look like on the faster, bigger iPhone. Can anyone recommend a free game that really shines on the 6+?

I've also downloaded a few new apps but nothing blowing me away so far. Are there any must see apps out there? Or is it still too early?

2. primolabo macrumors member

primolabo

Clash of Clans! Every little blade of grass looks amazing. Love it.

Plunder Pirates. 3D screening of the island is so impressing.

The Wolf Among Us - a surprising comic like graphics.

Monument Valley - minimalistic Apple design!

3. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

Vain Glory just released, it's using Metal engine, so that should really show case what it's capable of.

4. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

It's also extremely addicting and fun

5. cuongnq macrumors member

It's battery killer.

6. primolabo macrumors member

primolabo

exactly! funny how everyone is so happy with battery life of the pluses - since I play a lot and watch hbo go all the time, I have my battery lasting exactly the same as my old 5 - I have never used it to play and watch... I guess I will enjoy better battery life when the honeymoon with my plus ends and I will use more typically ;)

7. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Get yourself a Mad Catz CTRLi or Moga Rebel controller and then play games like Asphalt 8 or Bioshock on an iPhone 6+ or iPad Air 2. Tapping and swiping on glass is a joke by comparison.

8. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Vain Glory is the best game on iOS this year if you're into that kind of thing.

It has great pull-out-the-phone-to-show-off-graphics, and also super high quality gaming is an unexpected bonus!