Best free printing App over Wifi

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by miklovo, Dec 4, 2010.

1. miklovo macrumors member

Dec 18, 2008
    I've searched and searched and cannot find this. Is there a free App that allows you to print from in another App? So I'm browsing the web and want to print a page, or I'm in Notes and want a button added to the corner of the App that allows the option to send to printer? I don't have an AirPrint compatible printer, so I'm looking for something that work universally... I have an Epson workforce 610 that is wifi compatible on it's own. Thanks!!
  2. saberahul macrumors 68040

Nov 6, 2008
    No. No app, unless you JB, can add a button to Safari or Notes in order to run its own printing service.
  3. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

May 26, 2010
    Brighton, UK
    Well, there are apps like ePrint which makes itself available for file sharing for certain files - so rather than 'Print', you choose 'Open With...', and ePrint will be there.

Why not every app allows you to 'Open With...' its documents, I don't know. Why poxy 'AirPrint' isn't built-in app that works this way, so it could be replaced by other apps, eg a manufacturer's own app, thus allowing you to actually print wirelessly to a wireless printer as it was supposed to, I do not know.
  4. Shellbo6901 macrumors member

Jun 17, 2009
    printdirect is the only one I have found that work for my printer
  5. Shrink macrumors G3

Feb 26, 2011
    New England, USA
    Perhaps I'm not understanding, but I can run my own printer off my iPhone and iPad without JB.
  6. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

Sep 21, 2012
    In the middle of several books.
    I am able to print over wifi without having to use any third party app. Both my iPad and my iPhone see my printer natively. The printer I use from both products is a new Samsung lazer. The products can't see my HP deskjet without using the printer pro app.