Best free printing App over Wifi

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by miklovo, Dec 4, 2010.

1. miklovo macrumors member

I've searched and searched and cannot find this. Is there a free App that allows you to print from in another App? So I'm browsing the web and want to print a page, or I'm in Notes and want a button added to the corner of the App that allows the option to send to printer? I don't have an AirPrint compatible printer, so I'm looking for something that work universally... I have an Epson workforce 610 that is wifi compatible on it's own. Thanks!!

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

No. No app, unless you JB, can add a button to Safari or Notes in order to run its own printing service.

3. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

Well, there are apps like ePrint which makes itself available for file sharing for certain files - so rather than 'Print', you choose 'Open With...', and ePrint will be there.

Why not every app allows you to 'Open With...' its documents, I don't know. Why poxy 'AirPrint' isn't built-in app that works this way, so it could be replaced by other apps, eg a manufacturer's own app, thus allowing you to actually print wirelessly to a wireless printer as it was supposed to, I do not know.

4. Shellbo6901 macrumors member

printdirect is the only one I have found that work for my printer

5. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Perhaps I'm not understanding, but I can run my own printer off my iPhone and iPad without JB.

6. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I am able to print over wifi without having to use any third party app. Both my iPad and my iPhone see my printer natively. The printer I use from both products is a new Samsung lazer. The products can't see my HP deskjet without using the printer pro app.