Best FREE Sudoku??

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Inukami, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Inukami macrumors 6502

Which one is the best out of all the free versions? I've never played this and i wouldn't mind trying.

They have:

ACTSudokuFREE
    Enjoy Sudoku Daily
    Sudoku(free)
    Sudoku Classic - Free!

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I haven't tried all of them yet, however I really like Sudoku(free). Also, I found that I really did not like ACTSudokuFREE. Hope that helps.

3. atluten macrumors 6502

+1 for Sudoku(free)

4. wok macrumors member

I really enjoy Sudoku Unlimited, and I believe that their free version, Sudoku Classic Free is very similar. Also, it's noted in it's page in the appstore that a even better free version should be out soon.

Just has a great interface, its quick and responsive.

5. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

I've been using Sudoku Classic Free.

My first ever Sudoku was with the Sudoku Free app, but I found it a little difficult for advance levels since you only can enter a single note number per square. Worse, while the notice is italic, it's the same size and color, so it doesn't stand from your normal numbers. The app does have different board color choices, and easy number entering system.

Though, Classic Free has better notes, letting you enter all the numbers in one square. Only downside to Classic is the board is covered by the number pad to enter in numbers. Some hate this. I find it a slight annoyance. I usually know what I want to enter first anyway, and the pad never covers the row or column of the square you have selected, plus it highlights this in red.

This company said Classic will only be free until their Sudoku Daily comes out. Though, an app called Enjoy Sudoku Daily has come out, but totally different looking and isn't listed under the same company, don't know if that's the same app they spoke of.

6. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

7. atlanticza macrumors 6502a

atlanticza

Times Online has a great a daily interactive Sudoku that tends to be tough!

8. rajalot macrumors member

rajalot

9. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

Sudoku Classic is no longer free since the developer finally released their Sudoku Daily app, where you get one puzzle a day, but basically the same as the full Sudoku Unlimited features. I just tried it and I really like the newspaper skin, especially how the permanent numbers are a real font like a newspaper, and the rest look hand written blue pen, real easy do differ. And they vary hand writing style, so if you entered two 8s, they will look different as if the whole thing was done by hand and not a font.

You can now drag the pop-up notepad around in both Classic and Daily. Plus toggle transparency on it. With separate settings on how transparent note numbers are compared to the final number, and even toggle it so only notes are transparent and vice verse anytime in the middle of a game.

10. Stardotboy macrumors regular

I know you asked specifically about free sudoku apps, but I really can't recommend Sudoku Unlimited highly enough - definitely worth the (low) price.

11. appfiend123 macrumors newbie

Best free Sudoku app

this thread is pretty old... but it's a worthwhile discussion.

there are many more for the list:
    Sudoku : )
    Pocket Sudoku
    Sudoku Daily

Sudoku Daily is FULL of features but almost too much to handle and figure out.

Pocket Sudoku is streamlined and a very intuitive and easy to use. Every puzzle is saved and you can go back and forth as much as you want.

Sudoku :) also has a lot of features but again is a bit tricky to get used to. The game board is a bit small too because of the ad bar and the way the buttons are set up.

12. jive turkey macrumors 6502

13. minusinc macrumors newbie

14. Dock Status macrumors regular

Sudoku is really old news!

Sudoku is old news most people in the know are playing Str8ts now.

www.str8ts.com

15. qwicksilver macrumors newbie

I think http://freesudoku.tk is a pretty good one. Sort of new, but still good.

16. metabren macrumors newbie

17. Thumbender macrumors newbie

Sudoktris must be the best free Sudoku game I've ever played

It's a very unique sudoku game. With power ups and explosive chains. But be warned. It is highly addictive! Checkout their teaser trailer at http://sudoktris.com