Best Free Video Converter?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Empyre, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Empyre macrumors member

Hello all, I'm just wondering if there's a video converter like Videora converter for PC for Mac that is both as effective as Videora, and freeware. If anyone has recommendations please let me know!

Thanks

2. illegallydead macrumors 6502a

illegallydead

iSquint was awesome. Unfortunately, the creator closed his doors a few weeks ago. If you can find it anymore online, give it a try.

3. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

iSquint is now open source.

4. Empyre thread starter macrumors member

Yeah i Just googled isquint and first hit came up with a download link! I'll let you all know how it works out!

5. Empyre thread starter macrumors member

Downloaded and installed and it works like a champ, couldn't ask for more.

Thanks all for the suggestion

6. illegallydead macrumors 6502a

illegallydead

Cool! Very good to know. I kind of thought people would pick it up once the creator dropped it. Very good software, and the sense of humor to the prompts and menus is awesome :D

7. Empyre thread starter macrumors member

Yeah! I was also very surprised how my computer was actually still functional during the encoding process and it took significantly less time than videora to convert a file....Loving it

8. groovinZhou macrumors newbie

I revised my question. So that iSquint is only to convert for ipod format and VisualHub can do the rest of video files format? This combination versus HandBrake, which one you prefer? thx.

Sorry too many question. I just migrate to Mac few days ago. Still searching for the best image browser as well... :confused: