Best front screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Epic Xbox Revie, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Epic Xbox Revie macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

In terms of accuracy (fitting perfectly), staying on the phone, not damaging clarity, and perhaps oleophobic?

2. mellowtooth macrumors newbie

SGP ultra crystal is what I'd reccomend for clarity... they also have a oleophobic but it's only a coating, so it will wear off after a while

3. twiggy0 macrumors 6502

4. hizzaah macrumors 6502

Anyone used both SGP and Zagg?

I've used Zagg since my iP4 and always really liked it. Their lifetime warranty is hassle free too! If you mess up the installation or if your cases makes it start to peel up, just go online and do a warranty claim. You pay shipping and they send you a replacement. All you have to do is mail your old one back within 60 days.

5. Cowabunga macrumors member

Will the sgp work on Sprint 4s? I didn't think there was a difference between 4 and 4s on the front, also it only states Verizon and AT&T in description. Am I ok to order? I'd like to get one of these

6. kalt macrumors regular

I have. SGP are the best for the front... Zaggs are actually quite bad for the front (the screen) but I love them for the back... give it a little tackiness and grip. The SGP Steinheil Ultra Oleophibic screen protector is the best one I've ever used, have it on my iPhone 4S right now, and it will stay there forever as far as I'm concerned.

7. pourme macrumors regular

pourme

I went ahead and morgaged my house, and ordered the Power Support screen protectors for my 4S...However I goofed and ordered 2 front and no rear sets. Today I ordered these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003X6LPRK/ref=ox_ya_os_product to fill the void left because I wasn't paying attention....Can't go wrong for$1.12 and free shipping for the rear screens.....I guess.....:rolleyes::apple:

8. Bear807 macrumors member

I use cheap screen protectors on eBay, after going through zagg which like the skin of an orange and, Martin field which says scratch resistant my @ss:confused: and some really good anti-glare protector which ripped off the coated stuff after 3 months of use. Now I use some cheap protector which comes in a packet of 10 5 front and 5 back at the cost of £1.35 with postage. Now I'm a happy man, this thing look so good maybe not as superb as those branded one, but does the job really well, and if scratch I just rip it off and paste a new one. If u all want a photo of those after applied I could show you:)

9. Tanax macrumors 6502a

10. Swiperaja macrumors newbie

Where I can found Power Support Clear for iPhone 4 (shipping to Slovenia)?

Thnx

11. iloveiwgp macrumors newbie

12. Cowabunga macrumors member

I hope it's ok because I ordered one.

13. MayBee macrumors 6502

I'm using Clarivue ultraclear (it includes 2 front and 2 back with lifetime warranty)

coupon clarivue1210 for 10% off.

so far so good...

14. takeshi74 macrumors 601

I'd highly suggest the SGP oleophobic if those are your criteria.

Is real estate that cheap in NC? Seemed really pretty when I was visiting up there. Of course, I was mainly in the Asheville area.

15. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

16. Swiftmac44 macrumors newbie

17. MaxximusPrime macrumors newbie

I always hear complains about anti-glare, that it reduces the clarity of the screen, but I've never seen one. When you guys say clarity, it makes the screen hard to read? Less bright? Look like garbage?

Genuinely curious.

18. Sonhascome macrumors 6502

Yea, I use zagg for my MBP and Iphone and it's great! I love them, It's a little more expensive for their screen protectors, but if you watch out you can get them cheap and like you said the lifetime warranty is awesome!

19. bighabeeb macrumors 6502

20. bunshark macrumors newbie

Zagg vs Phantom skinz vs Power Support

I used zagg for a while. It's very similar to phantomskinz, which i used for the past year. Both have a slight orange peel. And slightly tacky surface. Phantomskinz seems to have slightly less orange peel texture.

I decided to go with power support just to try it and I'll stick with them bc they have better clarity. Still using phantomskinz on the back though.

21. ok8-screenguard macrumors newbie

yep, cant agree more:)

22. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

+1 to this

the oleophobic coating wears down but it worked well for a few months

23. docprego macrumors 65816

Yes to all of the above. In addition it gives the screen a sort of speckled look, hard to explain but not something I'm fond of. I've tried them on 3 phones and every time I've torn them off and replaced them with crystal clear protectors.

24. Mr. G macrumors member

PowerSupport HD anti-glare is the way to go. I guess you lose a slight amount of clarity or whatever you want to call it, i.e. the screen will definitely look different. But, it's well worth it as the screen doesn't collect grease and I've found it increase my touch screen's accuracy quite a bit.

If you play a lot of games then I'd definitely recommend the anti-glare from PowerSupport.