Best full body protection (mostly back+sides, no cases!)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ARMizApple, Sep 28, 2012.

1. ARMizApple macrumors newbie

As the title says, what have you guys had good results with? Bodyguardz? Ghost Armor? Im thinking about going SGP for the front, just need back+sides mainly.

2. panda bear macrumors 68000

panda bear

I have no input on this for the most part, because I am still looking as well.

I did, however, purchase Bodyguardz. It just.. wasn't for me.

I still have a back and sides.

You can have it if you don't mind giving a random stranger your home address.

Seriously.. whoever wants it.

All I used was 1 of the back protectors and then threw that away.

3. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Best Skins Ever. Great products, based out of Colorado, so shipping to me always takes less than 2 days.

4. grimy macrumors member

OO I might try this, if I don't like the feel of bodyguardz...i just want something on the back really. I'm in colorado springs so shipping would be fast.

5. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

+1 on best skins ever. great stuff. cheap. high quality. covers everything.

6. ARMizApple thread starter macrumors newbie

I was just looking at the Xtremeguard full body in another post because they are so cheap, but that is a wet install which just doesn't sound good to me. Is the "best skins ever" protector a wet install or a dry install? Do you have the iPhone 5 version or the 4/4s?

7. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Best skins ever is a wet install. I did an installation video. Beware, it is long.

Check my signature, I have an iPhone 5, so obviously I applied it on my iPhone 4 that I don't have :rolleyes:.

I damaged my screen by installing it with too much water, but the damage looks like a manufacturing defect. The water sensor also has not gone off. I took it to the Apple store yesterday for a replacement, but they have none. They ordered one and it'll be ready for pickup tomorrow, so my iPhone will be skinless. I took pdot up on her offer for her bodyguardz. I'll also try to return my useless (because I already pulled it off my phone) best skins ever.

8. ARMizApple thread starter macrumors newbie

It seems like bodyguardz is the only dry install. Is that my only option? Whats the advantage to a wet install?

9. dnest macrumors regular

dnest

wrapsol is dry

10. ARMizApple thread starter macrumors newbie

Then I guess its just a matter of wrapsol vs bodyguardz

11. brokenbuyer macrumors regular

With the Bodyguardz back/sides going at $11 shipped with a 50% coupon, there's really no competition.

Give BG a try (find the thread with 50% and try which ones still work). If you don't like it, then you can move to Wrapsol.

Also, don't forget about Phantomskinz and w.e else may be out there for back/side.

12. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

which back protector is thinner? bodyguardz or wrapsol?

13. blackoutRF macrumors member

Clear-Coat worked great for my girlfriend and I's iPhone 5's. Full body protection; they had a presale for 20% off but still, at 19.99 and lifetime warranty (similar to InvisibileShield and others), well worth it! And now I have no use for a case :D

14. milk242 macrumors 6502a

I went with element skins for the back with a carbon fiber look and luckylabs for the sides with the matte black color. Both were purchased off of etsy.com.

15. The Green Mac macrumors member

I went with the Phantom Skinz Matte Back and Sides, installed it last night and am pretty happy with it. Using a SGP Ultra Clear screen protector on the front.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. milk242 macrumors 6502a

Looks really good, so good that I just ordered a set of the matte phantom skinz

17. brokenbuyer macrumors regular

I got the Bodyguardz. After comparing photos, the Phantomskinz Matte looks a lot better in terms of looking more naked.

Still not liking the design on the sides tho.

18. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

OMG i LOVE the matte!

we ordered phantomskinz, too: i originally ordered the crystal clear because i had the matte on my 4 but thought the clear might be nicer on the 5.... had 2nd thoughts and ordered pink carbon fiber and figured i'd start out with the clear and switch to the pink in a few months.... that is until i got pink in my hands... it's SO pretty! it's the perfect shade of pink! i got flat black as a contrasting color (so glad i chose that over black carbon fiber...(however part of me wishes i had been less safe and gotten the green to go with my pink! lol!))

hubby chose white carbon fiber with green contrasting... you can only see the green apple in the pic... but the sides are green, too... VERY pretty, IMO!

you can't tell from the pic that the white has the same texture as the carbon fiber on the back....

Attached Files:

19. ARMizApple thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya I'm also gonna go with SGP Ultra Clear on the front. Not a fan of the matte protectors. How was the wet install? If I were gonna go wet install, it would be a toss up between phantom skinz and best skins ever.

20. Refurb82 macrumors newbie

Phantomskinz is the best. Excellent customer service, almost always 2 for 1, great product, been using for years and they hold up amazingly well with a simple install!0

21. gamecube117 macrumors 6502

Can you link me to the site to purchase it? I can't find it any where!

22. brokenbuyer macrumors regular

Maybe try the company's site?
    http://phantomskinz.com/appleiphone5thgeneration.aspx

I believe it's 2 for 1 now. So you'll get a total of 4 sets (2 sets per 1 order).
    Not sure if I should get a matte or just stick with my Bodyguardz for now.

23. DylPickle85 macrumors member

Just ordered a Matte PS as well..looks ill, can't wait :)

24. Fooo macrumors newbie

I am quite curious, but will skins/wraps prevent scuff on the edges of the iphone 5? It seems to be the edges that scuff the most frequently:(

25. Kisey macrumors 6502a

No, their 2 for 1 deal means you order 1 set, and you receive 2 in the package. So it's 15.95 for 2 sets of the matte back and sides (not 4 sets).