best furniture table for macbook pro workstation with external display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by joecool99, Dec 27, 2011.

1. joecool99 Suspended

joecool99

can you post pics and info of your setup?

i've 2011 MBP + DELL U2410 monitor on some nonage table with a keyboard tray. looking for better setup. want to buy 27" display and would need a little more space.

what do you have ?

2. ibuyufo macrumors 6502

agreed, but my table is larger than yours.

3. SurferMan macrumors 65816

my tables even bigger than yours, so big I can't post a pic for the OP :D

4. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

5. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

My table has 5 legs and stuff on top. All kinds of stuff.

6. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

There is no such thing as a universal "best" furniture table. :rolleyes:

You have to find what works best for you, in your space and circumstance.

7. pat park macrumors 6502a

only one useful answer. the rest are just rubbish. The guy is asking for suggestions on tables. Maybe the community can share instead of making jokes and driving this off topic.

8. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

see there is however a thread with setups where the o.p could find himself a good table and p.m the poster, as mentioned by theSeb so I think there is more than enough stuff to find there instead of opening another thread. Also sometimes joking doesn't hurt... lighten up :rolleyes:

9. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

I enjoyed the humour even though I am 32 years old. I wouldn't want this forum to become a dry and lifeless question and answer place. if it did, then I wouldn't post here any more. Having a laugh is good for one.

10. pat park macrumors 6502a

if you've spent any serious time on this forum and have gone through the many various forums here - you will find that the vast majority of users do not offer any substantial help. Actually it's mostly attacks and put downs. I'm all for a little humor and maybe this thread isn't the best example, but this forum could be so much better if we, instead of attacking, just answer and help out. Sure it's good to point out the search function to a new user. But the unprovoked attacks and belittling, that has no place in any mature discussion.

You know who they are, the elite users who expect every newbie to use the search function for everything. Always delivered with a stinging sarcasm and at times outright hostility.

This forum has a bad reputation for the elitist, most times offensive attitude of it's senior members. I think this is an intelligent community, why can't it appear to be a helpful place and steer the newbies into the right direction?

There are some great people who do help without belittling. It's not all bad apples :)apple:) here.

11. bdodds1985 macrumors 6502a

bdodds1985

thats why instead of telling him off, he provided a link with multiple solutions to the op's question. what do you want us to do, google image every desk and post it up here along with the desks we use? thats what the link was for, because people already did that. lets not try to barrack obama this forum one easily answered post at a time now... did the link help op? provide some visuals on other peoples set ups? i know it did for me... the thing that doesnt help is annoying answers like yours pat park.

i use the picture forum for a lot of different things. im sure you can find something in there. if not, ikea, amazon, something like that. just depends on what your really looking for.

12. zwodubber macrumors 6502a

I have a small desk I use in a spare room. I mounted the display on the wall which gave me more usable space, I didn't want a huge desk in there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. ibuyufo macrumors 6502

umm I have to disagree. My table is in feet, not inches. :D