Best G5 Quad in the world?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by topbanana_, Mar 15, 2017.

1. topbanana_ macrumors member

Apologies if you have already seen this, only just stumbled across it and thought it was impressive enough to share, especially the storage arrangement (and that polished finish...) http://tinyurl.com/j5qy5ps

2. RhianB macrumors 6502

RhianB

Always a fun build video to revisit. It reminds me of the shiny Battlestar Galctica Cylon baddies. :D

3. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

I've seen this project before, the SATA II SSDs in RAID are what really make it special. That, and the fact he has real-time stats up for this Mac here proving it's still being used today (despite the video upload date of May 2015).

4. iModFrenzy macrumors 6502a

iModFrenzy

I'm not the biggest fan of chrome but I have to say he did an awesome job painting it, and with the whole build in general. Makes me want a G5 even more :p

hopefully the G5 lasts long and has stats up for a while, would be cool to check the stats out years later and see it running still.

It's probably obvious but I quickly watched the video just to see what it looked like(no audio or anything) but what is the G5 being used for?

5. raymanster macrumors 6502

raymanster

He installed Debian Linux and uses it to host his website. Very cool, if you get a moment watch it again with sound.

His tour video of the same machine is also good: