Best game graphics, what game?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by AT0MAC, Jun 16, 2013.

1. AT0MAC macrumors regular

AT0MAC

I currently have a Mac Mini 2011 i7 2.7GHz dual core model which is not much fun for gaming, so am currently upgrading to a hackintosh with a GTX 660 graphics card.

I know I am asking in the iMac forum, but that is because I think the iMac is a pretty ok gaming machine too.

What Mac OS X game have the best game graphics you have seen?
    I want to be blown away by my new machine when it´s done.

2. Confusius macrumors regular

Deus Ex Human Revolution has a very particular, stylish aesthetic. I love XCOM, but the graphics aren't really anything to write home about.

3. rampancy macrumors regular

rampancy

If you really love graphics, The Witcher 2 might just be up your alley.

4. AT0MAC thread starter macrumors regular

AT0MAC

I just googled it and yes, it looks pretty good!
    Im just not so sure about the kind of game, Im more into action games like Call of Duty Black Ops which someone else have suggested me to check out, any opinions on that games graphics quality?

Any other suggestions?

----------

Looks like a high class cartoon imo... But looks good, might check it out - thanks

5. janknet macrumors newbie

If you have a Hackintosh and would see "best game graphics" then you should sell your GTX660 and buy a GTX680 and install Windows on that machine!
    Then you can get ultimative game graphics with "crysis 3" or "metro last light" or "battlefield 3"

6. rampancy macrumors regular

rampancy

It's ~$6 on GOG right now for their summer sale daily deal; bear in mind that it comes with a massive load of extras (soundtrack, artbook, game guides, bonus movies, making-of videos, wallpapers, gameworld maps, papercraft models, nudie photos of Triss, etc.), and it's totally DRM-free.

7. WilliamG macrumors 604

Need for Speed: Most Wanted has the best lighting/sunrises/shadows I've ever seen.

8. AT0MAC thread starter macrumors regular

AT0MAC

Well for $6 I have to give it a try whenever the machine is build. Just bought it - thanks for the tip.

Any other suggestions?

----------

No "Windows" please, I don´t like it. The GTX 660 is kind of the most powerful card I can run with the PSU I have, a 400W Seasonic X400 I already had laying around. Pretty awesome PSU so did not see the need to swap out for a more powerful model.

9. marzer macrumors 65816

marzer

Where I think the graphics in Assassins Creed 2 are some of the most aesthetically pleasing I've seen in a contemporary game, my wife is wowed by Starcraft 2 visuals -- particularly the jungle levels.

10. Gossipgirl21 macrumors newbie

Gossipgirl21

I recommend BioShock Infinite. It comes with the option of either DirectX10 or 11. The minimum system requirements for the game are low, as in really, really low; needing only an Athlon X2 5200+ and an ATI Radeon HD 3850 for example. At those specs, you’ll be getting basic DX10 and everything on minimum. The recommended specs still aren’t all that high either, deeming a Q6600 and a GeForce GTX 560 worthy of playing Infinite at DX11 settings. Impressive to say the least, but perhaps a little worrying it doesn’t require top end components for top end graphics.

11. chuckiehina macrumors member

From a pure graphics (both dyanamic and static) I would say Witcher 2. I did not enjoy the game play much, but it is really a good choice if you want to show off graphics performance to an audiance.

12. VideoBeagle macrumors 6502a

I like the graphics and movement in the Batman Arkham games...but then I'm a comic geek.