Best Games

Discussion in 'iPad' started by craigd, May 2, 2010.

1. craigd macrumors 6502

Not being in the US I have no access to a US iTunes account. There is nothing on the Australian store for us iPad users yet.

I have managed to get hold of a 20 buck US iTunes card and I need some advice on what games and apps I should buy with this small amount of funds.

I already have Goodreader and PinballHD.

What else should I get, I love reading, video's and puzzle games if that helps. Pages etc are not really needed at this point.

Any help would appreciated

2. gillybean macrumors 6502a

It's not a game, but I think Air Video is a must-have app at $2.99. It lets you stream any videos from your computer to your iPad and does live format conversion.

3. craigd thread starter macrumors 6502

I have heard good things about this one. I can view videos with goodreader though.

Is this a much better solution?

4. gillybean macrumors 6502a

The advantages of Air Video over Goodreader are that:

(1) You don't have to store your videos on the iPad. They can stay on your computer. This is useful if you have like a terabyte of video files on your computer since obviously they wouldn't fit on the iPad.

(2) If your videos are in any format incompatible with the iPad (and most video formats are incompatible with the iPad), you'd normally have to use a very time-consuming conversion program like Handbrake on each video before they can be played on the iPad. With Air Video, they can stay in their original file format.

5. pondie84 macrumors 6502a

Just note you can get some iPad apps already in the Australian iTunes store. You can also get many 'universal' apps.

6. craigd thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep I have got most of the ones that are iPad/iPhone ready, ie Kindle, Instapaper etc.

I just want to make sure I spend the voucher wisely...

PS just got airvideo, awesome thanks for the tip

7. Advil macrumors 6502a

Games I like are: Plants vs Zombies, Angry Birds, Flight Control HD, Words with Friends HD and Let's Golf.

8. barefeats macrumors 65816

barefeats

I personally enjoy racing games. Need For Speed: Shift is my favorite. Real Racing HD is my second favorite.

If you are a fan of the earliest video games, Warheads reminds me of Missile Command. And, of course, there's Pac Man.

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I'm addicted to Harbor Master. I hope the hurry up w/ a paid version w/ more maps.

Also love Peggle, although technically and iPhone game it looks great in 2x mode.

10. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

Personally, I've become addicted to Plants vs. Zombies since it came out on the iPad.

11. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Real Racing HD is my favorite so far. I am not so sure it is relaxing as I seem more stressed after an hour of racing but I AM HOOKED!