Best Genius Bar experience ever!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dccorona, Jul 27, 2011.

1. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

Ever since I installed lion on my macbook pro (mid 2010), I have been having an issue where the screen would randomly go black. I took it in the other day, and they told me to reformat and reinstall Lion, but unfortunately that didn't resolve my issue. So I took it in today to get looked at. Since this is the third time my computer was going to have to be sent out, I asked if they had a "lemon policy", and was pleased to find that they do! My MBP is being replaced by a brand new 2011 model! It really goes to show why Apple is so successful...their commitment to customer service is beyond any I have ever experienced

just thought it was a good story to share, since these forums are so often filled with negative genius bar experiences, and also to let people know that straight replacement is an option for problematic computers

2. randomrazr macrumors 65816

mine goes black to. its just a setting for the sleep mode for the display. did u ever consider adjusting that? LOL

what model did they give u?

3. mr. feeny macrumors member

really? lucky you ,every experience Ive had was terrible, they have a bunch of monkeys working at the store by me.

4. dccorona thread starter macrumors 68020

dccorona

yes, I did. It wasn't just going to sleep...it would cut out randomly. Sometimes mere seconds after a reboot, sometimes after hours of use. Sometimes when not touching it, sometimes while in the middle of using the computer. And no matter what I pressed, I could never get it to come back on without a reboot

they gave me a comparable model. Part of their replacement policy is that they can't downgrade you at all, so I got a 15", 2.3ghz i7, high res antiglare (mine was originally glossy, but I decided I prefer antiglare and thats all they had in the store, I didn't actually ask for it, so I got lucky there), 8gb RAM, and 750gb HD (its a slower drive than mine had, but its also 250gb bigger, so I didn't mind)

all in all, I ended up with a better computer, which is pretty awesome, and totally unexpected!

5. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

I got a new iPhone 4 yesterday; mic stopped working. 8 days left of AppleCare. The phone had obvious wear (two back-glass replacements). 10 minute visit and a shiny new phone, no questions.

Depends on the day, the genius, the weather and the phase of the moon.

6. lfshammu macrumors member

I had a cracked front screen on my iphone and the guy there was apparently in a good mood and gave me a new one :) I have always loved the genius bar!

7. seong macrumors 65816

seong

Man, you are lucky!
    I really wish I was one of those successful people..... Apparently they didn't replace my model even after replacing/fixing my machine three times, but, oh well. Must be my bad luck :rolleyes: