Best glass screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jayrflow, Feb 23, 2013.

1. jayrflow macrumors 6502

Okay sorry if this was posted already. Did a search but I couldn't find a thread like this. Okay so there are a few glass screen protectors out there. The Glas.t/r (used Glas.t on my iPhone 4S when I had it), the BodyGuardz Pure, the Seidio Vitreo and the one by MIME. If I'm missing one please throw it out there....

Now I'm looking for a more case friendly one. I use different types of case n I don't want the glass screen protector to get ruined with the case. I know Glas.tr claims to be thinner but out of everyone's experience, which is the most case friendly n possibly thinner of all the glass screen protectors?

2. abz1981 macrumors 65816

To be honest it's all down to your individual taste in what you feel is best for you. What is best for other people may not be best for yourself in terms of screen protectors. However from what I have heard and the opinions of people. I believe the Zagg ones are meant to be good.

3. corys00 macrumors regular

I'll let you know in a few days about the Mime HDT-c, I ordered it earlier this week after a lot of positive reviews.

4. jayrflow thread starter macrumors 6502

I've tried zagg but I don't really like the feel to it. I had the HD one on my old 4S but I still didn't like it. I'm thinking of just going without a screen protector but I don't wanna scratch this beauty lol

----------

Would love to know how it works out for you. For now I'm thinking about going with the Pure but ill do some more researching to see what fits my needs.

5. abz1981 macrumors 65816

I have had my iphone 5 since November. At first I had a screen protector. I think it was a griffin one. However I took it off a month after I had it. I thought to myself if you take it off and use it and just be careful with the iPhone then you won't have any problems.

So therefore mines been naked fully since then and feels great.

6. Chris092881 macrumors 6502

I used to stress over screen protectors. Not anymore. I use a Belkin Grip Candy case and that's it. Unless you're really harsh on your phone I don't think you need a screen protector. Just my two cents.

7. CEmajr macrumors 601

The zagg ones are pretty good but to be honest you really don't need one. I never used one on my iPhone 4 or 4s and now my 5 and never got a scratch on any of their screens.

8. AFDoc macrumors 68030

LoL yeah... I bet I can find some.

Moving on.... Pure would be the best choice simply because of the replacement program they have. Anything happens to it and order a new one at discount price, ship in your old one and get your replacement reset.

9. wxman2003 Suspended

Glas.tr. I had the Pure and it came scratched. Sent it back and got the Glass.tr. Perfect fit.

10. jayrflow thread starter macrumors 6502

So do you guys suggest a screen protector? I'm usually careful but I'm always worried about those times where I'm careless or forget about being careful with my phone. As of right now it's between the Pure or Glas.tr

11. Prime85 macrumors 6502a

Prime85

I use Glas.tr and its great. It's like not even having a screen protector

12. jayrflow thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm like just doubting now on getting a glass screen protectors. I've ordered a few cases, one being the Marware stash case with the credit card holder and that case looks like it could give screen protectors issues. I'll slap on a cheap screen protector when I get the case to see if the case would interfere with a screen protector first. I'll see what happens from there. Does anyone have that case and have a glass screen protector installed on their phone?

13. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

I don't see the big thing about screen protectors. The only benefit I see for them is if they keep away smudges and/or help with limiting light reflection on the screen

14. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1540359

15. Ta0jin macrumors 6502a

Imagine there is a scratch or maybe a few scratches on your screen, does it bother you? Either way that's your answer.

16. jayrflow thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea I probably would be bothered by it lol

17. rocoloco macrumors member

I am currently trying to apply PowerSupport Crystal Clear screen protector and I am so frustrated. There are bubbles everywhere and they don't wanna go out, no matter what i do. Dissapointed, any advice?

18. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

You probably have dirt in those bubbles, if you can't push them out.

19. Luis2004 macrumors 6502a

I was obsessing over getting a glass screen protector because the stock Verizon ones are such crap. But then I remembered that on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus, which doesn't even have gorilla glass, I went a full year with a naked screen and never scratched it once. I was able to sell it before moving to the i5 in mint condition.

So I figure as long as I'm careful with it (dedicated pocket that is lint and dust free; and yes, I vacuum it out once in a while to make sure), etc., it should be all right.

And when I'm ready to sell it and move to the i6, if it does have a scratch on it, I'll simply run the thing over with my car and turn it into Applecare+ and, voila! I'll have a mint i5!

20. rshroff2 macrumors 6502

Open a new page in safari and see where the dirt is. Lets say its in the top right side of the screen. Place a piece of scotch tape on that corner and slowly lift the screen protector until you can see the piece of dirt. Then with another piece of tape try to get it out. Im sure there are videos on youtube about it. Power support screen protectors are the best and easiest to install since they're not cheaply thin.

21. Rosewood23 macrumors member

I am using the Bodygaurdz Pure and love it. Great fit, great look, and with the advantage replacement program if something happens to it I won't be paying an arm and leg to get a new one! :cool:

22. rocoloco macrumors member

oh well it was my fault, I didn't check instructions good, all I thought I have seen on the box is putting the protector on and removing the tape from upper side, of course u should remove it from below. So I was applying it wrong, and I ruined both protectors.

but the material and the way it sticks.... seems like an awesome protector

23. corys00 macrumors regular

Just want to follow up. I received my MIME HDT-C screen protector Wednesday and from the moment I received it I've been nothing but impressed.

From the get go this company screams customer service. Nice packaging, even a hand-written note thanking me for the purchase (I mean seriously, name another company that will write me a note thanking me?). As others have said, it comes with the glass screen protector, a 3 piece rear screen protector, multiple colors for the home button and oversized sheet to help remove all the little particles and the non glass screen protector in case something happens to the glass one. My suggest would to put the home button on first and take your time placing the screen protector down.

I just purchased a Mophie Helium battery case today and I can use it without issue with this screen protector (front and rear) on it and can slide it off without issue.

I have no problem recommending them, I will purchase from them in the future as well.

24. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I agree. I was pretty surprised by the hand-written message. Haha. Great service.

25. macMD macrumors 6502

macMD

Has anyone here tried Spigen's Glas.t or Glas.tr and if so what cases did you use them with?