Best Golf App?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by jimbo1mcm, Mar 18, 2018.

1. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

My purchase of an Apple Watch would be more probable if there was a really good golf app. Has anyone who owns an Apple watch used a golf app and how good is it, accurate wise? Thanks

2. Trodolak macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Mar 19, 2018 ---
    I use an app called “track my golf” and it’s terrific. If you have either the series 2 or 3 watch with gps, you don’t need to have your iPhone close by. It can be used totally independent of the phone. Distance accuracy is great and the app is rich with features. It has both basic and pro modes. The latter will actually count your strokes and keep your score. It also produces a wealth of statistics. The pro version has a monthly or annual fee. I paid $18 for the annual pro version but if you play a fair amount of golf, it’s well worth it. The only downside to the app is that it’s a battery hog. After a four hour round of golf, I usually only have around 10% battery life left. However, The watch charges pretty quickly.

3. jimbo1mcm thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks.

4. enigma2k macrumors regular

Have a look at Fun Golf http://fungolf.com/
    it has the best UI of all apps and doesn't need an iPhone in order to work.

5. CLS727 macrumors regular

CLS727

I have found using an app to golf is too cumbersome.. for me the whole point of golf is to get off the phone for a few hours. I tried the Arccos one in the app store... it's cool but just honestly too much hassle to deal with while you're playing.

Check out StrackaLine for awesome printable green maps. (you choose features and it generates a PDF to email you... it's what PGA Tour players use) - That plus a Bushnell rangefinder has been the best combo for me.

6. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68020

Totally agree with this but it might be my own laziness. I golf all the time and tried phone apps and apps that work great on the Apple Watch (both mentioned above) and as soon as my score goes beyond 4 over par in 5-6 holes, I stop worrying as I seem to hit the same club two different distances with the same swing... or I miss left and wasted time. Lol

It’s nice to raise your wrist and see exact distance when I am at the 150 marker to the center of the green and the watch app is saying 126 to front edge or 140 to center. It has helped me but I am a 12 handicap and I suck and don’t know exactly how far my wedge will go with each round.

7. jimbo1mcm thread starter macrumors 68000

12 handicap is lower than most average players.

8. CLS727 macrumors regular

CLS727

Maybe it's the cocktails in in the golf cart? ;)

Yes... a fact that is shocking to most people, is statically, the true "average" golfer in the USA shoots 100... People all watch the PGA Tour and think they suck, but it actually doesn't take much to be above average.

9. waveletlab macrumors newbie

waveletlab