Best Golf GPS/Scorer App

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by henrynw, Mar 4, 2009.

1. henrynw macrumors newbie

Hello,

Now that golf season is fast approaching in the midwest, I'm wondering if I could get some people's opinions on what they think is the best golf app for iPhone 3G that has GPS tracking of courses and a good scoring system (preferably one where you can upload your results to an online system).

Thanks so much in advance.

Henry

2. Android3011 macrumors member

i think the ViewTi apps may be the best. They seem to get good reviews.

3. nutsnbolts macrumors 6502

Check out GolfCard. It's probably one of the most robust which includes what ViewTI can do.

4. petenice15 macrumors newbie

I have a Sky Caddie SG2.5 that I love. Are any of these apps worth using this year instead of my Sky Caddie?

5. nutsnbolts macrumors 6502

A sky caddie is a dedicated device versus an app that is available for the iphone.

What sky caddie does is awesome but versus the iphone apps that are available for Golf. Essentially, it is about as accurate as a sky caddie but now with all the features available, the iphone app can also keep scores, analyze scores, show green view, etc. etc. etc.

The iphone golf apps have evolved so much that well..just read this article I have written. It should address your question.

GOLF APPLICATIONS FOR IPHONE

Here is the link for the Golf Card review that I have done with regards to all the applications I have tested.
    Golf Card Review

6. nutsnbolts macrumors 6502

Oh, don't get me wrong, I also have a Sky Caddie SG5, I love it and still use it. However, if you have an iPhone, you can sort of eliminate the Sky Caddie. Nevertheless, these applications just takes advantage of the iPhone's capabilities.

7. Android3011 macrumors member

Which one did you guys like the best?

8. petenice15 macrumors newbie

Good question... I think these blogs are a good start, but I am looking to see if ViewTi or another app can displace my Sky Caddie. Especially since ViewTi is on sale right now. I think the battery issue is one that I am really concerned with and what happens if I get a phone call in the middle of my round, do I have to reboot these apps? All the other bells and whistles of keeping a scorecard and handicap are kind of cool but really irrelevant to me. I like writing a scorecard out and I keep a USGA handicap.

9. SpinCycle macrumors newbie

I have tried a few, the Flycaddie app is the coolest one I have used so far. All thumbswipes for screens keeps it simple during the round. They loaded my 2 favorite courses real quick by request

10. joefraser macrumors newbie

Fun golf gps

Yea the comments are cool and everything, but no one has mentioned FUN GOLF GPS !!! Def a must try !!!