Best google RSS reader these days?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by rendez2k, Mar 7, 2009.

1. rendez2k macrumors 6502

rendez2k

I've been using Gazette as my google RSS reader for a while now, and while I like the layout etc, I find it too slow to retrieve feeds. I used to use Byline but it doesn't appear to split the feeds into source folders as Gazette does. So, as I've not looked for a while, are there any new and good google RSS readers?

2. BNZ1 macrumors regular

I use Byline, but I have my Google feeds split into folders of common subjects and Byline does recognise these folders.

3. NewGenAdam macrumors 6502

+1 for Byline. It's made for Google Reader and works perfectly with it.
    Syncing unread and read items up and down, starred items, offline access to cached reader posts.

Honestly, it's a superb app.

From a disinterested perspective.

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

5. TheZimm macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

Byline+Netnewswire, but I dont think netnewswire really syncs, I think it just gets all the feeds that you have in your google account.

Zym

6. hitekalex macrumors 68000

hitekalex

I have used Gazette in the past.. Now I just use Google's web app. Google has made a lot of improvements where the web app is now as fast as any stand-alone apps. So I don't see a lot of reason for Gazette any more.

7. reubs macrumors 68000

THe thing keeping me from Byline is the fact that I can't find a standalone RSS reader for the OS X that will sync up with Google Reader. That said, I've heard good stuff about Byline.

8. hitekalex macrumors 68000

hitekalex

So use native Google webapp. I guarantee it will stay in perfect sync :D

9. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

The developer of Byline has a google group and I believe he said he is adding that feature in the next release.

http://groups.google.com/group/byline?pli=1

10. ethical macrumors 68000

Another vote for Feeds. You can download all your feeds from your google account and add new ones. layout is nice and simple and has the ability for mass "Mark as read".

11. gowanis macrumors 6502

Gazette, while slow, is the only stable Google reader in my opinion. Byline is ok, but I have had issues.

DO NOT get Feeds, it does not keep proper sync with Google and is crawling with bugs. Just read the recent reviews on iTunes and you'll see tons of complaints.