Best Google Talk app on ios?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Sunsean, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Sunsean macrumors 6502

Hey, recent Android to iphone switcher here. One of the (few) things I miss/preferred in my old Android days was the native google talk app. I know Android obviously has an edge when it comes to Google products - but what app do you guys find the best on ios for Google Talk? Do you use one of the general IM apps? Or a dedicated one? I've been using Vtok, which is dedicated just to Google Talk - but it's not perfect. It works, but isn't as seamless as the one on Android...it logs me out if I don't go into the app on a regular basis, doesn't always notify me when a chat comes in, etc...also I liked that with the Android talk app it would update with chats that happened on the computer. So I could seamlessly transfer a chat from the computer to the phone without losing the chat chain...Vtok doesn't do that.

If one of the general 'chat' apps is better, please let me know. I pretty much only use Google Talk for IM'ing, so the other services aren't necessary...

2. Sunsean thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I just found Beejive, it's free and seems good...we'll see.

3. macbook pro i5 macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

4. Sunsean thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, yeah that's the one I've been using. It's vtok I think...well I guess I am going to stick with that for now. I actually prefer Beejive's UI but it doesn't do video chat which is not cool...

5. macbook pro i5 macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

Yeah thats it I thought it was quite good but I dont have an Android phone so I wouldn't know what I am missing with the google integration.

6. B.A.T macrumors 6502

Growl voice on your Mac will let you transfer your chat between your iPhone and your Mac. It works pretty good. I use this for texting with my friends on android and I use IM for my friends who use an iPhone.

7. Sunsean thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I mean it does pretty much the same thing, it just works a little more seamlessly/natively on Android. But the same basic function is there, i.e. chatting on google talk...small price to pay for the overall better experience of finally having my iphone :)

Thanks - I'll check it out.