Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
I personally prefer Navigon (Western Europe), I had the TomTom app and I couldn't stand it tbh, I found it inaccurate compared to the Navigon also the Navigon is iPad and iPhone compatible :D

shaynet

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2011
Which is the best GPS for iPhone 4 (Country : Malaysia)

Anyone know whether iPhone offers GPS Garmin? Am trying to seek for de best GPS for my iPhone 4 - so far only see TomTom highly recommended in the Apps store for Malaysia & Singapore. Can't find Garmin though.

Appreciate feedback on this. Thanks :)

olemrboston

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2011
WI
MotionX has never let me down. I have been using it since the release of the iPhone 4 and never had a problem.

Being able to preload trips is a really nice feature so you dont have to use any data on the road.

EDIT: My location is Wisconsin (United States)

sjdigital

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2008
The Caucasus
I'm leaning towards getting Navigon, but do you know if it allows a Fixed-North orientation? ie the map stays put and the car spins rather than the map spinning and the car always up. If not, does tomtom/garmin/magellin have this? Anyone know? I guess I'm old school and like my north to be north.

Yes, you have this option in Navigon.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
Just purchased Motionx GPS Drive for .99 cents on app store.
My question is, how does the traffic work in this app, and do you need to pay extra to get working traffic? I see no where in the app or app store for a separate traffic purchase. Also, what is the Vertical yellow bar that is always being displayed on the left side of the navigation/maps page?

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
Just purchased Motionx GPS Drive for .99 cents on app store.
My question is, how does the traffic work in this app, and do you need to pay extra to get working traffic? I see no where in the app or app store for a separate traffic purchase. Also, what is the Vertical yellow bar that is always being displayed on the left side of the navigation/maps page?

Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.