Best GPS Navigation App?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Kibbe17, May 11, 2010.

1. Kibbe17 macrumors member

What is the best iPad Turn by turn navigation app available.
    TomTom, Navigon, MapQuest Navigator??

Something completly different?

Plain old Google Maps?

Just let me know what your favorite is, and the price of it.

And very sorry if this is a double post, I have searched High and Low for a thread like this.

2. Vic-Viper macrumors regular

iGo is an iPhone app. Not seeing much if anything for iPad at the moment. I use the TomTom app. Landed it for $50. How is your experience with iGo? From the screen shots it looks completely unusable. If it wants $55 (current asking price) it needs to look a ton more professional. The site looks to be from the geocities era as well (at least when browsing from an iPad)

3. jtara macrumors 65816

Well, the good news on Navigon is that it's not nearly as sluggish on the iPad as it is on the iPhone 3G, where it is nearly useless.

The graphics actually aren't bad in 2X mode, though the text sucks.

I get pretty-much instant response to keystrokes, as opposed to several seconds delay for each keypress on my 3G. I'm hoping that the voice directions don't cut-out like they do on my 3G.

Haven't taken it out on the road yet, but I understand that the ipad 3G has better GPS hardware than the 3G and 3GS. I do see better accuracies in apps that report accuracy.

Co-Pilot Live HD looks interesting. It's specifically for iPad and has a split-screen display. It has a display similar to the Navigon lane display, but displays it side-by-side with the map display (if in landscape orientation) rather than switching as you approach an interchange like Navigon does.