Best Graphic Tablet and Portable HDD?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AmbiguousNinja, Sep 30, 2011.

1. AmbiguousNinja macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

What's the best graphics tablet and portable HDD for my Sandy Bridge 13" Macbook Pro? My price range for the tablet is $50-$100 and I'm willing to spend up to $150 for a portable HDD.

2. MAGNUStm macrumors member

3. cube macrumors G5

There's a 7200RPM LaCie with FW800 and USB 3.0, but it has no eSATA.

Otherwise, you can get one with FW800 and eSATA, but only USB 2.0

Of course, you will only be able to use up to FW800 and USB 2.0 with your MBP model, until there are some Thunderbolt adapters for the others.

4. mac jones macrumors 68040

Wacom for the tablet.

Chose your size (don't get anything else, trust me).
    They have a new line of Bamboos. A couple of them now have a wireless option (RF via very small dongle).
    Note: the wireless is an add-on, which is odd, but actually a great idea as you have more options. The add-on is a wireless kit that includes a battery, dongle, and what looks like a receiver that plugs into the tablet, at the same time you remove the USB cord (around $50 for this).

Now if they would just improve the Cintiq (Badly in need of an update; the 12" that is)

5. reputationZed macrumors 65816

Agreed Wacom is the only choice, their costly but the other options are garbage. My only advice is think very seriously about going with the smallest size that will suit your needs. I went with a large Wacom 3 and regretted it from the start. Just takes up too much room on the desk top, so much so that I never use it anymore. If you do want to go big and want to save a few buck's PM me and I'll give you a good deal.

6. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Wacom tablet is the BEST hand down! So far I have owned Graphite3 and now Intuos. If you look for cheaper I would suggest you to check eBay.

For portable hard drive I am looking at Seagate GoFlex they offer cable upgrade for USB 3.0 and Firewire 800...sell for 60 bucks.

Good luck

7. Gillespie81 macrumors regular

i have g-tech mobile with 2 firewire and 1 usb. i like it a lot. very portable, solid and quality hitachi drive. i was gonna get the mini because it has external power source, but I'm more mobile right now. I'm waiting to see when and if they have thunderbolt then ill upgrade.

and Wacom tablet. i watched some vids on youtube about them and they are awesome. to bad i have no artistic talent