Best graphics driver for Radeon HD4850 Windows 7 bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by CazZ18, Aug 3, 2010.

1. CazZ18 macrumors newbie

Hey, I have a late 2009 27" iMac i7 with the Radeon 4850, I am running windows 7 64 bit on bootcamp for gaming. I was wanting to know if anybody has found which is the best performing graphics driver, I am currently using the driver installed via bootcamp 3.0, the driver from bootcamp 3.1 messed up the colour detail (would not display 32bit colours properly). Has anybody found a decent functional driver from ATI or have modded a driver for better performance??

Those people who have successfully played top end games at high settings what driver do you use??

Thanks.

2. aki macrumors 6502a

I have i7 iMac with the 4850.

I installed the at that time latest ATI Catylst driver package (from their home page) whatever it is, I think it was 10.7. I had read that people had various sorts of issues with color and so on with earlier versions of the drivers but the comments stopped at complaining about 10.6; so I took a chance on 10.7 on the presumption maybe it had solved the issues.

I've been running Win 7 64bit with the 10.7 drivers for a month or two now, including gaming, with no issues. So it seems safe.

Be sure to update DirectX as well.

Good luck!