Best guess when the next rmbp will be released

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Freyqq, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Freyqq macrumors 68040

Im graduating in may 2013, so my student discount will no longer function at that time. I really want to get a rmbp, and I want to use my discount. However, I can manage for another year with what I have. Do you guys think the next revision will be out by may? I read somewhere that the next intel chips will be out in April.

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

*grabs popcorn

3. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Probably early/mid 2013. Depends on when Intel actually starts shipping their next gen chips.

Although if it comes out a month or two after you graduate, you'll still have your Student ID. ;)

4. jcpb macrumors 6502a

5. Mike07335i macrumors member

It will be April, May, June or July..

In reality nobody knows.. too many variables at this point. Like mentioned above a significant revision won't occur until Intel launches their new chip set.

Mike

6. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

You could wait until next April or May and see what the rumors are at that point. Then either buy what's available or choose to wait. No one can really tell you right now when the next revision will be.

Oh crap, there's me being logical again... ;)

7. Freyqq thread starter macrumors 68040

If its not coming until after may I might as well get it now lol.

8. DTF macrumors member

You can play the waiting game but it will just drive you crazy, especially with Apple.

9. jcpb macrumors 6502a

10. Lord Appleseed macrumors 6502a

Lord Appleseed

If you need it or want it then buy it now, if not then wait, though i dont expect a may release.
    Do not make the mistake to wait for the best computer ever, there will always be a 'next year'.

11. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

I disagree. Make a list of exactly what you want, once it happens, buy it. That's what I did and the RMBP finally hit all my checkmarks.

12. doh123 macrumors 65816

It'll come out 20 days after you give up waiting and buy one.

13. Keeferton macrumors member

I graduated a year ago. Just ordered a macbook with the student discount because the guy on the phone basically pressured me into using the student discount. I wouldn't worry about it too much if the student discount is holding you up.

14. ReanimationN macrumors 6502a

ReanimationN

Intel aren't really feeling pressured by AMD at the moment, so you may, unfortunately, have to wait a while for Intel's next chip generation. Haswell will be out next year, however Intel aren't going to be worried if they have to delay its release by a few months. There may be a spec bump early next year, if that's the case.

15. TickleMeElmo macrumors regular

Probably June or later if Intel doesn't delay it's chip launch like it did with Ivy Bridge. If Ivy Bridge were on time the new MBP's would have come out in April or earlier.

I think the condition is that you need a student card. It's not like they ask you for confirmation of enrollment.

16. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Yes, because when your basic survival needs are met things that wouldn't have been priorities before are. It's human nature.

17. lcseds macrumors 6502a

How do I know what I want in the next model? Apple has not told me yet. :rolleyes:

18. arcite macrumors 6502a

arcite

Cairo, trapped in a pyramid with my iphone
    Hmmm this is a tough one. Perhaps IDE the discount the day before it expires? Makes sense.

19. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Really, don't people still have their university logins from college? I still know a lot of friends that use their education discount that are well out of college. All they ask is that you log into your university webpage or show an ID. I believe you hold the login to your university webpage forever!!!

20. Lagmonster macrumors 6502

Don't let the discount influence your purchase. Wait for what you want. And the advice above ^^^^ is pretty spot on -- They will kind of just give you the discount without even asking.

21. daleski75 macrumors 68000

daleski75

The world is going to end in 2012 so it's a non-issue lol :p

22. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

I have an uncle that was a physics professor. Retired 8 yrs ago and still uses his login to get the education discount

23. Lord Appleseed macrumors 6502a

Lord Appleseed

If made a list of what I really want i would need to wait for ~2020.