Best Handbrake method

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jshwon, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Jshwon macrumors 6502

Jshwon

I got my new mini all set up and am working on ripping my DVD collection onto my external hard drive. My first question is when using handbrake what is the best method to get the movie with good quality so that it will show up in Front Row while on the external hard drive? I know I could store them locally and put them into the iTunes movie section but can I have them on a external and still access them through front row? I ripped one movie with the "Quicktime" preset and it did a dual pass. That took FOREVER (near 2hrs).

The other question I have is how do I remove applications that install themselves in to the Preferences menu (ie:SwitchResX). I see if I control click is says remove from preference menu but dose that uninstall it?

2. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

There is no "right method" - as it depends greatly on WHAT you are ripping. (it's format, motion, animated or not -- all these things have different requirements)

I'd suggest looking at Handbrake forums or ripping forums - to find other people who have their results posted.

An example - Futurama - all animated - but of the 4 seasons - EACH one of them needed a different codec / setup in order to be consistent and functional. I don't know what is actually different (as the format and quality appears to be the same from DVD to DVD) - but there IS something.