Best hard-case for rMBP 15" (quality)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by adam303, Dec 2, 2012.

1. adam303 macrumors newbie

Hey,

I'm waiting for my rMBP to arrive next week and I would like to buy a good hard-case. I did search the forum but didn't find any thread on the quality of each case and I know from earlier that the case I got from Incipio did brake really fast (2-4 weeks). Is the cases from Speck and Incase better? Would love to hear your thoughts on which case you think is the best, quality-wise.

Thanks!
    /A303

2. fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

I bought a generic case on Ebay, but only used it for just one week, while waiting for my Speck case. It is expensive ($50), but had provided good protection so far. They came in clear, black and Gum (pink) when I bought it, I got the black. I like a ot Speck products (my wife's MBA has a Speck case as well, but in pink), they are well made. The only downside of the rMBP Black case is that the Apple logo does not lit a lot when in use due to how dark the case is!

3. will0407 macrumors 6502a

Ive had speck cases on all my macbooks (air 11 and 13, pro 13) and theyve all broken at some stage. I got a generic one for 1/3 of the price on ebay and it feels a lot more solid- i wouldnt go back to speck after these

4. Moshe1010 macrumors 6502a

I'm with Speck clear hard-shell case. It's not bulky like other cases, and it protects my rMBP just fine. Sure, if you would throw your rMBP on a concrete, it will break.

5. adam303 thread starter macrumors newbie

As I understand hard-cases tend to brake in the corners. Are you having those kind of problems with your speck cases?

6. RexTraverse macrumors 6502

Have a Speck See Thru Satin in black. No cracking issues yet and I really like the soft touch material and the fit with my retina 15, but then I've only had it for about a month.

Incase afaik hasn't come out with a hardshell for the retina 15 yet, but I would avoid them because I have had cracking issues with the hardshell for my previous MBP and several previous iPhone cases. I liked the products and they kept winning me over with great customer service (never had an issue getting replacements during the warranty period) but their products fundamentally weren't designed well.

7. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

I got the Speck hard shell green ( more like turquoise blue ) from Apple ($50) and it's been great !!!!

8. chrisperro macrumors 6502

chrisperro

incase Perforated Hardshell Case white, so far so good ,looks cool my girlfriend says

Attached Files:

9. HowEver, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012

HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

InCase tells me they aren't making perforated cases for the 15" Retina at all.

I have their Clear Hammered Hardshell for my 15" Retina, bought through the Canadian Apple Store, but virtually unavailable now.

Also, obviously...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1391592&highlight=retina+bag+case