Best Hardware keyboard for Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by superkraft, Nov 30, 2011.

1. superkraft macrumors newbie

I like the I-phone, but as I like to type on qwerty, I would like to stick to my habits of typing on a hardware keyboard.

It seems that there are several possibilities out there, but I am looking for the best one :)

Any experience with hardware keyboards which are available for the iphone 4/s ?

Thanks!!!

2. superkraft thread starter macrumors newbie

As good as an HTC Desire Z?

Googling is in this case not really helpful (but thanks for sharing the links!)...
    Of course I find several slide-out keyboards, but good reviews are rare.

"The BoxWave Keyboard Buddy" sounds interesting but the keyboard actually is not convincing, but even the authors would not consider it to be very helpful.

Right now I am using a HTC Desire Z, it has an incredible keyboard - and i still hope to find something as good for the I-phone.

The reason, why i started this thread is, that i hope to find someone already using such a keyboard who would like to share his personal point of view.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

when I'm looking for something I check to see if it's on Amazon 1st. lots of reviews amateur and professional.. but all real life users.. Macrumors is great but I find I get way more real life experience there.

4. mortenandersen macrumors 6502

Wish for a sliding AND TILTING mechanism for hardware keyboard for the new iPhone

Allow me to revitalize this old thread, now that we are expecting a new, even thinner iPhone very soon:

Looking at all these keyboards, they unfortunately all lack an important tilting mechanism, which would place the screen (iPhone) in an appropriate or natural angle in relation to the keyboard, when the unit is placed on a table in front the user, who then can use it at the same time both as a phone and a tiny tiny computer for writing, for instance. I know of many professionals who really want to have this kind of functionality connected to the iPhone. (Perhaps the way of creating such a "mechanism"/functionality also can be done with making a case that can be folded in proper way, or perhaps the keyboard itself can be made in such a convenient way?)

Anyway, I really hope that either Apple or some 3rd party manufacturer can make such an accessory. I am sure that there are many users who will buy and use such an extra useful way of using the iPhone.

5. mortenandersen macrumors 6502

No one interested?

So far none has responded to or commented on this post, and I suppose that this fact reflects the lack of interest for having such an accessory (an option) as a hardware keyboard to the iPhone. For me, that's sad, because no touchscreen only text input can match the hardware keyboard and the good and natural angle between the keyboard and the screen that I am suggesting.

I hope that some of you will join me in the quest for such an accessory, but it seems that I have no reason to be optimistic in this matter...