Best HD Camcorder For FCE?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by help!!!!!, Oct 28, 2008.

1. help!!!!! macrumors member

Hi,
    I am about to buy a new video camcorder and needed help to find a high quality camcorder $400 or under, it must not be a DV because the one I have now is and it is very frustrating when the format is not compatible and I can not change it. I have been looking at this.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8781687&type=product&id=1205026863556

Do any of you have any suggestions? I would like it to be HD, have a light (or a add on for low light conditions) Thank you!

-Jonah

2. help!!!!! thread starter macrumors member

BTW, I would be editing the video in Final Cut Express 4.1

3. highjumppudding macrumors 6502

highjumppudding

if you're going with MiniDV Tape, get the HV30 which is 24P HD and works great on the mac and FCE. or, go with an AVCHD flash camcorder by canon, they just came out with a new model that have an internal 32GB FLASH drive for storage and an SDHC slot for additional storage. this is the future, my friend. i personally favor canon. have used the sony z1u and i prefer the canon xh a1 over it. therefore, sticking with the canon brand for all my gear. their color and sharpness seem to stand out the most to me.