Best HDTV + Monitor for PS3 + Macbook pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by YoYo93, Nov 24, 2011.

1. YoYo93 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone

I need your help to tell me what is the best HDTV + Monitor because I want something like that to plug in my macbook pro 13inch if I want to see some movies and on the other hand I want to play PS3 on it, Should be 23-24inch only and absolutely full HD 1080p

I have seen a lot of those screens but I want the best of them?

By the way I only have 300$

2. YoYo93 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

HDTV screens will look pretty bad hooked up to a computer. However if you are already aware of this and don't care, 1080p for $300 is a little bit of a stretch... but you can find one if you look hard enough. I recommend Samsung (Sony isn't bad either). Check amazon.com for best selection.

4. YoYo93 thread starter macrumors newbie

Why HDTV is bad for computer? I think it's the same but the different is it have speakers and HDMI. That will make me do gaming via my ps3 and if I want to hocked my macbook pro on it sometimes to watch movies or studying with bigger screen

However what about any monitor NOT HDTV but I have HDMI port with audio port to. And I will plug on it any audio speakers to hear the the games I play and to hear any sounds come from my macbook I DON'T WANT TO PLUG THE AUDIO SPEAKERS TO DIRECTLY TO THE PS3 OR MACBOOK I WANT TO PLUG IT WITH THE MONITOR ONLY

sorry for my english it's not that good but I think my points is clear? :(

5. YoYo93 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. VanneDC macrumors 6502a

VanneDC

Maybe the MacBook forum will give more results mate.

7. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

HDTV on a computer will not look quite the same as a computer running on a normal monitor. It will work but the gamma and contrast is different so it will look a little off but it isn't usually enough to deter people from buying who want one screen for their game console and personal computer.

8. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

Generally speaking TVs are terrible as a display for computers due to their combination of low resolution and large size.

Also some HDTVs don't like OS X, so you run a real risk there of not being able to output the correct resolution if everything isn't detected properly.

9. YoYo93 thread starter macrumors newbie

10. YoYo93 thread starter macrumors newbie