Best headphone adapter and does it lessen quality

fcbr10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
What is the best headphone adapter for the iPhone and will it affect the sound quality?

JNB

macrumors 604
I think there's only two mass-market adapters: Monster and Belkin. Both are huge compared to the required adaptation, but I don't think any adapter will adversely affect the sound quality.

$9.95 each at the Apple Store. I got the Monster, it's a little it smaller, but I just despise Monster products in general.

Comment

hidehide

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2007
The best quality will be getting the audio signal from the dock connector other than the headphone jack.

Comment

r6girl

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
Massachusetts
i have the belkin adapter and it DOES affect sound quality - headphones (etymotic er-6i's) sound muted through it. i hate it. i just haven't gotten around to contacting belkin to give them feedback on it yet...

Comment

ghostshadow777

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2007
What is the best headphone adapter for the iPhone and will it affect the sound quality?
Dude, don't use the the headphone adapters, they look so dumb. I've tried the Belkin on the iPhone, and it looks like the iPhone's having a mini erection. Either get the V-MODA, or wait for the Griffin (suppposed to cost around $50), or wait for an even cheaper alternative, or modify the stock headphone with some other higher quality ear buds. It's so easy with just a bid of soldering. You'll be so happy you did it.

Comment

Rychiar

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
The best quality will be getting the audio signal from the dock connector other than the headphone jack.
agreed, it is world's better. My new Eclipse had nothing in it so i installed a mitsubishi dock connector and then 6 months later added an aux adapter as well. The Dock connector sounds worlds better than the compressed muted sound of the aux which also requires a doubling of the usual volume. Only obnoxious thing about the dock connector is ya can't see whats playing...idiot designers...

Comment

hidehide

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2007
agreed, it is world's better. My new Eclipse had nothing in it so i installed a mitsubishi dock connector and then 6 months later added an aux adapter as well. The Dock connector sounds worlds better than the compressed muted sound of the aux which also requires a doubling of the usual volume. Only obnoxious thing about the dock connector is ya can't see whats playing...idiot designers...
Why? I can see what song Im playing. But you need an external volume controller if you use the dock connection..

Comment

Rychiar

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
Why? I can see what song Im playing. But you need an external volume controller if you use the dock connection..
many manufacturer car dock connector systems pu t acheckmark or logo on the screen and make u control everything thru the car system itself without so much as a song title to go by. Mine pretends the ipod is a cd changer. Only the newer aftermarket ones allow u to see whats playing but alas i have a mitsubishi and no one makes sucha thing for mitsubishi

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.