Best headphones/Buds for Working Out

Discussion in 'iPod' started by MowingDevil, Sep 12, 2008.

1. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Hey I just got a Nano & would love to use it at the gym. Any buds or workout headphones that anyone can recommend? The buds that come w/ the iPod make my ears hurt after any length of wear....maybe in-ear ones would be best?

I've heard Ultimate Ears makes a great in-ear unit (the pro 5 or something?) but I doubt I'd want to be wearing a $250 pair of earbuds while sweating at the gym....I am a bit of an audiophile so sound quality is important as is comfort. Love to hear your recommendations.

2. greenchilegirl macrumors newbie

good workout buds

I'm interested in recommendations as well. After the earbuds kept popping out I bought some Nike ones with the behind-the-ear hook. those things KILL my ears, even though they seem to be smaller than others. I don't know the name for that little flappy-thingy in the front of your actual ear-hole, but that's where I seem to experience the most discomfort. And ditto on being uncomfortable sweating all over the really spendy ones - I've already shorted out an iPod after keeping it in my pocket when I lost the clip. . . :(

3. daflake macrumors 6502a

I find that the over the ear ones seem to stay put a little better than most. Brand is what ever you want.

4. avingochea macrumors member

I bought a pair of Bose In-Ear headphones and they sound Excellent, and they stay put pretty good. They have this like string that goes around your neck that holds them comfortably in place. I use them to go running and to work out.

5. aksmax macrumors member

I've tried 3 different earbuds at the gym. Apple and Sony, both with and without the changeable rubber tips. I do weights, treadmill, elliptical and stairs. Unless you don't sweat, I've found no solution, aside from something that goes over the ear. Try something cheap to try out form factor. That's what I did and found the over the ear were my solution.
    Good luck

6. cl0wnzee macrumors member

cl0wnzee

The Koss Porta Pro maybe, I have two of them and I'm still happy. Well I have other headphones/earbuds too^^

7. imazu macrumors regular

i had the beats tour and th reason i liked it because of the flat cable. i ordered jaybird bluetooth freedom that should be compatible on the new nano. and i ordered the meelectronics m6p which has very nice fit and prefer it over the beats in regards to comfort.

8. imazu macrumors regular

I've been alternating my meelectronics m6p and the jaybird jf4.

I like jaybird for comfort and connects to my itouch, ipad and nano. the sound is very good as well.. although i have audio technica athm50 which i use for desktop and macbook when i'm at home the jaybird is pretty good for my needs when i am out.

Meelectronics m6P is also a good headphones that wraps around my small ears. I like the design and it doesn't fall off running with my pup. Sound is great as well and for the price i think it's a good alternative for my wireless headphones when working out. IMHO

9. seong macrumors 65816

seong

Jaybird Freedom 3 or 4 (JF3 or Sprint) works great for me, although I sold it in order to get Sony XBA-BT75 for sound quality. Jaybird Freedoms are 100% Sweatproof, so if you are going to work out for a while, then I think it's a good deal :D

10. Bilalo macrumors 6502

Bowers and wilkins C5 or sennheiser ones are quie awesome at $40 or so. C5 is better than any earphone I knw but cost $120 or something and thy hold on better. It also has a mic and so on like the apple ones so its amazing, it has amazing BASS!!! Just like headphones.

http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Headphones/Headphones/C5/overview.html

11. kaielement macrumors 65816

12. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I have used UE11 Pros for over 2 years now and weight train about 1 hour x 5 and cardio (mostly run) about 1 hour x 5 a week (about 1500 miles a year). Rain, sweat, heat, humidity, you name it and they are perfect (thought I go through about 3 cables a year).

13. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

I use klipsch x10i in the gym, extremely light and very good sound. Though might be stretching the budget somewhat

----------

he he he respect. I have been thinking of trying a pair of those.