best headphones, or adaptor with a mic

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by bigm978, Sep 17, 2009.

1. bigm978 macrumors member

I'm looking for a cheap way to get a mic for my ipod touch 2nd gen. The apple headphones are 30 bucks, and have very bad overall quality. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Use the search bar. There have been threads on this already. Also, the Apple earphones may be bad, but you're not likely to find much better at that price range.

3. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Get the Apple In-Ears for $79. They are great and cheap.

4. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

I wouldn't buy any mid/high end audio equipment from Apple; you're paying a huge premium as well as for the 'phones. For the absolute best sound for the price, get a pair of Grado SR60s. For good in ear headphones, pick up a pair of SCL2s or SCL3s (white color was discontinued a while ago so if you can find some it's a very good deal.)

5. Jigga macrumors 6502

I wish there was an option to buy without earphones. They don't fit in my ears :mad:

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Apple's headphones are the wrong place. What exactly is your price range and desires.

7. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

i don't if this will work with ipod 2g but this does work with shuffle

you can plug any earphones you buy with this...and you can check other similar product on the apple website too...

8. Techhie macrumors 65816

Techhie

I have had many bad experiences with headsets in the past when it comes to Apple. A couple years later and I have this Plantronics USB headset bought specifically for the OS X compatibility mentioned on the box, only to be told by AppleCare that it isn't their fault that it won't work on Snow Leopards generic USB driver. My favorite is when I asked if they would support a mic if I bought it in the Apple Store itself:

"It doesn't matter where you buy it sir, there is no guarantee that any of your equipment will work with your computer, regardless of if it says it does on the package sold to you by Apple."

Priceless. Now I am off to buy yet another headset, and hoping that this time I won't have to use bootcamp or a downgraded OS X to get some work done.

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I can confirm that this does work with an ipod touch 3rd gen to control playback and volume, but it doesn't have a mic.