Best Health Solution just for iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by musika, May 2, 2015.

1. musika macrumors 65816

musika

So the Apple Watch seems to have a pretty well-integrated fitness and health system. Something simple and useful.

But I think that the phone alone, especially with the M7 and M8, are more than good enough at tracking my health, heart-rate aside.

The problem is that iPhone owners don't get access to the Fitness and Workout apps without a Watch, which meantime that we're left searching for other solutions.

So my question is: what is the best all-in-one health and fitness app/system for iPhone?

I'm aware of UP and Nike+, but is there anything better? Something that works just as well if not better than Apple's own system?

2. I7guy macrumors G5

I have a Fitbit surge and use fitbit apps. Their apps contain more than enough metadata for me. Also have a Fitbit aria which integrates into my fitness profile.

There is no best. Only what is useful to you. You can use the Fitbit app without a Fitbit; or something like mapmyrun. There are many free apps in the App Store.

3. musika thread starter macrumors 65816

musika

Yeah, too bad Fitbit doesn't play nicely with the health app. Not that I'd ever use the crap health app, but it's good to have the data in there.

How do you like your Surge?

4. I7guy macrumors G5

I like the surge. I bought the surge prior to the apple watch preorder and don't regret it as a fitness tracker and don't regret the purchase. It lasts about 5 days, less if you use the built-in gps. The surge is extremely well integrated into the Fitbit app and looks good and is comfortable to wear for long periods.

5. CEmajr macrumors 601

My Fitness Pal is the best one in my opinion. I use it religiously. It integrates with Runkeeper too (if you like to run). It also integrates with the Health App.

6. musika thread starter macrumors 65816

musika

I used to use it a couple of years ago. What's up with the new under armour logo in their icon now!?

EDIT: Looked into it, apparently the acquired My Fitness Pal. Gross icon now!