Best home catalogue app for Mac (and iPhone)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brayhite, Aug 18, 2012.

1. brayhite macrumors 6502a

I'm aware of MyStuff 2, Home Inventory, Compartments, Bento, Delicious Library, etc.

However, none seem to do exactly what my fiance and I are looking for.

I'd like to be able to take most of the inventory on my Mac, but access and add to the inventory from our iPhones and iPad. A UPC scanner would be a major plus, as well.

I'm well aware that a quality option will most likely not be free, but I don't want to spend $60 either.

2. mfvisuals macrumors regular

mfvisuals

You may not be able to get what you're looking for without paying something for it.

Quality generally equals monetary value.

However, I'd like to suggest "Delicious Library" as it includes an option that will allow you to publish your collection to a webpage that you can view easily on your iPhone or iPad if you need access to it for reference.

I don't know of any cataloguing app that allows you to add to it via a phone currently.

3. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

I ended up going with Home Inventory. It certainly doesn't look as good as DL, but I wasn't as concerned with that. While HI doesn't allow for entry via iPhone, it's ability to connect to the Inventory over wifi and upload photos from your iPhone makes the process rather simple.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I have Home Inventory as well. The mechanics of the app are OK, but the reports are awful. No Excel output... seriously?