best home delivery service?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by carjakester, Jan 23, 2014.

?

best home delivery?

1. USPS

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. UPS

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. Fedex

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. DHL

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

i like fedex the best, they deliver on time and early pretty much every time.

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Whoever is bringing my desperately desired package!

3. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Never had a problem with UPS, I avoid FedEx like the plague, and the USPS is hit and miss.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

They all suck in their own special way. God help you if the package was shipped with SmartPost or SurePost, then 2 forces of suck combine for extreme suckitude.

Bring on the Amazon drones

5. samiwas macrumors 65816

I heavily favor the USPS for anything standard. If it's something that I require tracking on, then I will use FedEx or UPS.

FedEx and UPS in our neighborhood both suck donkey nuts. The drivers are ornery. Half the time, they launch the package from the driveway onto our porch 10-15'. The UPS driver once got angry at my wife because she couldn't help him get the heavy box out of his truck, while she was seven months pregnant.

The USPS driver, on the other hand, is always happy and chatty. Always says hello and have a nice day. A neighbor who has had health problems says she asks him how he's doing.

And as for deliveries, almost never have problems with USPS. FedEx lost my entire toolbag (well, someone stole it, I'm sure). FedEx and UPS have both missed deliveries. And UPS had a long streak where tracking would say a package was delivered, but it didn't show up on my porch for another 6 hours.

6. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

Funniest post of the week !

...it depends on your goal/priorities. For high speed and low cost, nothing beats USPS priority. I can get a small package to most US addresses in 2 days for $5. Knowing where it is at hour 29 is another matter.

If I need to know exactly were it is with near hourly updates, I prefer UPS. But unless I'm willing to spend $30, I'll be watching its progress across 7-10 business days.

Most of the rest comes down to how well something is packaged, whether signature is required, and the luck of who is your driver + what time they pass your place.

7. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I've had the same UPS guy for about 6 years now. He knows to knock on my door hard and at stay at the door for a moment. I also gave him my number so he calls me when I'm not home to ask to leave at the door or not. I definitely give him a nice holiday tip.

FedEx is always the quickest to deliver and almost always arrive at the exact expected time. Unfortunately they are also the quickest to leave after ringing your doorbell just twice. I always see a new face.

USPS sucks for the most part, but they are amazing when it comes to Amazon packages.

I rarely deal with DHL.

8. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

9. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

I prefer USPS and FedEx, because UPS requires my signature. And if I'm not there the cheeky bastards will come back the next day at the exact same time.

& I know this is more for the southwest area, but Ontrac has to be the best damn delivery service. It's always delivered within 1 day. They're speedy!

10. Xerotech macrumors 6502

It'll all vary, delivery guys can be douches or amazing. My normal UPS driver is a great guy, walks up to the door with a smile and knocks. While other drives simply throw the package from the driveway to my porch. I watch them do it too.
    USPS is the worst for me though, they put slips in my mailbox without even attempting to deliver.

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I haven't had issues with any of them so, I have no preference. Since there's a UPS store close to where I live, I'll use them, but by the same token there's a Kinkos/Fedex near my office so I'll use them on occasion as well.