HomeKit Best HomeKit App

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by bluespark, Aug 25, 2018.

1. bluespark macrumors 65832

Is there a consensus view on the best HomeKit app, both for device control and automations? Apple’s Home app seems quite polished and is convenient in many ways, but I just realized the Eve app allows control of all my HomeKit apps (not just Eve products) and allows more granularity with automation conditions, etc. I also see that there’s a non-Apple “Home” app with solid App Store reviews for $15. What do people think?

2. IGI2 macrumors 6502

IGI2

HomeKit is just a framework.

You can try all free apps, which were designed to control HomeKit devices as manufacturers were forced at some point (or still are) to publish a HomeKit app together with their HomeKit-enabled device.

Yes, Eve is one of the best.

There is also HomeDash, Koogeek's app, FIBARO for HomeKit Devices app, and much more.

3. bluespark thread starter macrumors 65832

Thanks. Eve so far seems to be a good fit for me. Any others in particular that compete? Is the $15 one worth it?

4. IGI2 macrumors 6502

IGI2

It's very insightful but it uses all, even not publicly visible, HomeKit characteristics.

I wouldn't use them because Apple can change them, adjust them, or replace in next iOS versions without any warning so I'd rather use Home app for automations.