Best Hosting Service For Email/Website (#spam issues)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by harryhood, Jul 17, 2011.

1. harryhood macrumors regular

I've been using GoDaddy for webhosting and email hosting for a few years.

I've been having spam issues with every site and email I've setup with them. It's apparently a notorious issue with GoDaddy specifically, you can find loads of threads on it all over the net and GoDaddy closes the threads that people start on their own help forums.

I do nothing that could cause spam triggers. I don't send out mass emails, no subscriptions, newsletters, no links, nothing. Its literally nothing but responding to customer inquiries and VERY often they go directly to their spam/junk folders which of course is very very bad.

Can anyone recommend the best hosting service so this does not happen? Or anything I can do to help the situation? I have no problem paying a premium monthly for something that will guarantee (or at least as much as possible) that my mail actually gets delivered.

2. zflauaus macrumors 65816

Are you using GoDaddy's servers for email? I'd recommend going for Google Apps (free edition). It's a very robust solution and I use it on all my domains. It's just a quick switch of MX records and some minor verification stuff.

3. steveoc macrumors regular

I don't think the host is as important as having a unique IP address. When you are on shared host, you share an IP address with many others. If one misbehaves, it can cause problems for all the others.

Ask your host how to get a unique IP address. There is a fee, but it is it shouldn't be unreasonable.

4. harryhood thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I am using GoDaddy's servers for email.

Google apps looks pretty cool. Why would that help me though? Would I be using Googles servers for email and achieving a "unique IP" address? Is it all webmail or can I set it up through an Email Client?

Yeah that makes sense. I'm not sure if I am on a shared host. I have a few active private domains through Godaddy and I purchased webhosting for those domains, the email is setup through those. Wouldn't that mean its unique? Why the hell would it be on a shared IP address? That would piss me off.