Best importing software for using new Canon with iMovie HD 6

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by bencummings1, Nov 2, 2008.

1. bencummings1 macrumors newbie

Hello,

Hopefully this is the right place to post this.

Here's the issue:

I much prefer iMovie HD 06 to iMovie 08. Thus the need to ask this question and to hopefully get your needed suggestions!

I own a newly purchased Canon HG20 video camera. It does not use a DV tape, it only records to a hard drive inside the camera. iMovie 08 recognizes the camera and allows me to import the video in but iMovie HD 06 does not. I guess the format or option is simply not available for it.

So what I am hunting around for is a software that will allows importing of HDV video clips off my camera and, for example, save the videos to my external hard drive. Then I can import the video clips into iMovie HD 06.

Is anywhere aware of a software program that does something like this? Hopefully my answer is clear. My goal is certainly to be able to continue using iMovie HD 06 is at all possible!

Thanks

Ben

2. bearcatrp macrumors 68000

I have the sony SR11 and I import to iMovie 8, the export to iMovie 6HD. It sucks but I hate iMovie 8. Also, I use plugins from geethree that are really cool. Am hoping the next iMove or FCE imports natively to high def.

3. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

Take a look at VoltaicHD.

LINK

It might be exactly what you're looking for.