Best In-Dash CD/DVD/MP3 Player that works with iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by STEVESKI07, Jul 28, 2009.

1. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

So I've been doing a lot of research and I'm looking into getting a 7" In Dash screen with CD/DVD/MP3 Player and iPod controls. I've found some that I really like and that allow you to plug in your iPod to the front of your unit and play your music/movies on the screen. The problem is I haven't found any that support the iPhone 3G/3GS. I found a JVC one that I really liked for the price, but again it doesn't support the newest iPhones. Does anybody have one of these or know of any that do support the iPhone?

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Does it explicitly state that it doesn't support the 3GS or 3G? I bought a 2" Pioneer deck for my 3GS that said it only worked with up to the 3G and software 2.2.1, but it works great with my 3GS.

3. STEVESKI07 thread starter macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

For the JVC one in particular, I read a review from someone that said it doesn't work with his iPhone 3G. It will play the music if you just hook it up through the auxillary jack, but you can't use the iPod cable which gives you the on screen iPod controls that lists all your playlists, artists, songs, etc. Also, video won't work at all without the iPod cable.