Best in/outdoor CCTV setup

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MentalFabric, Jan 27, 2011.

1. MentalFabric macrumors 6502

MentalFabric

Hi all,

I'm looking for some recommendations for a home CCTV setup -indoor and outdoor.

I don't mind having to 'get involved' in the setup if it'll save money/do all the stuff I want it to and storage isn't a problem as I've got a little network RAID I can use attached to a Mac Pro. If it helps I'm using a BeBox (From UK ISP BE) and Airport Expresses.

I want to record the front exterior constantly - someone is using my garden as an ashtray :mad:
    and a motion sensor that can have a programmable area of motion tracking would be ideal - as would wifi and a battery.

Indoors I'd like two cameras set up with motion tracking that can send alerts to the iPad. again preferably wifi but plugged in to power.

I've read that a lot of popular IP cameras use motion jpeg and have some problems with macs so I thought I'd check here what people are using!

Thanks in advance for any help :)

2. Moiraarnott123 macrumors newbie

Security Cameras Your Insurance for Safety

Hi MentalFabric,
    With the recession looming large, burglary has also increased considerably. In this scenario, your interest in installing a CCTV camera to keep constant and continuance surveillance of the house exterior as well as the interior is a very valuable step in building up your safety. The security cameras, if installed advantage points will definitely help you achieve you purpose.