Best InCase Backpack to Get?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rekhyt, Mar 9, 2011.

1. rekhyt macrumors 65816

Does anyone have any experience with InCase backpacks? I have one of InCase's Sling Sleeves and I'm planning to get a better backpack. I've looked through the pages but couldn't see much difference between the Nylon Backpack and the Campus Pack. (Increase of $40)

2. BurningJah macrumors regular

The only difference I can see is shape and that it will fit every MB en MBP!!
    If you ask my opinion I like the Nylon more. the shape is more round of and looks modern than the campus.
    I know 40$ is alot to pay extra but it's your money so buy what you want

3. rekhyt thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the reply. :) My apologies for missing out the links:

I'm not exactly sure if there is any difference in terms of laptop size capacity for either bags - both pages describe the laptop as having the ability to store 'up to a 15" MacBook Pro'.

The only visible difference I see is the holding area for the laptop and the iPad, with the Compact Backpack having a more reinforced holder.

Can anyone else spot any other differences/suggest? Also, do you guys hold your laptops in a backpack or a laptop case?

4. Voondebah macrumors member

The compact backpack appears to have nicer, more padded straps and handle compared to the campus pack. The compact backpack also has a pocket for storing an iphone/ipod near the hip.

I saw this by comparing the last photo (bottom right of the six images) for each bag.

I personally use a backpack to carry my laptop. I have been using a Keen Burnside for a couple of years now, and I'm very happy with it!

5. wwe2008 macrumors 6502

the incase compact backpack, will it hold a MBP in a booq vyper sleeve?

6. NeoMac macrumors regular

NeoMac

I currently use the incase DSLR sling bag which is similar in style to their other sling bags. I really like it. The quality is very good and I like the styling too. I have several other products by incase and have always had good experiences with them.

7. rekhyt thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you for your analysis. :) Spent quite a while looking for it myself but couldn't pick out the difference except that the laptop + iPad holder was more reinforced.

Which laptop do you have right now? Do you find the laptop adding a lot of weight onto your back if you have the MBP 13"/15"? It's already quite heavy when I carry it with a laptop bag. (Oddly it doesn't feel heavy at all when I grip it with my hand.)

Usually when you use a laptop shell, you'd usually have to get the next higher screen width (For example, I had a MacBook 13" with a plastic shell. Barely fit into a 13" carrying bag but was quite snug in a 15" one.)

For a sleeve, it depends on the thickness of it. I'm quite sure that it'll be able to squeeze it in though.

:) Thanks for your post. How's the quality of the strap? I had an old laptop bag that the D rings broke off from and had to promptly switch to an Incase laptop bag.

8. Voondebah macrumors member

I currently have an older 13" macbook. I don't find it to be to heavy in the backpack - it's enough that I can feel it's there, but not enough to case strain or anything. I would think the 15" would be similar, except you might start feel it if you're carrying it around for extended periods of time, but this is only speculation.

9. thebasa macrumors newbie

Was wondering the same thing. About to pull trigger on the compact or regular incase sling but need it to fit my 13" MBP in its booq xs3. anyone know if it'll fit?