Best Incase slider (color/texture)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Kenzembo1, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Kenzembo1 macrumors 6502

Hey, just wanted to see what you guys thought the best Incase slider was as far as the color and finish (excluding the power slider)...personally, I have the plastic (non-matte) "stormtrooper" white slider on my black iPhone and I love it! Since it's release, there have been several additions though, including:

- Black/and Matte Black
    - Metallic Red/Gold/Silver
    - Gunmetal
    - Copper
    - Charcoal
    - Magenta
    - Matte Green
    - Red Plum
    - Burgundy
    - Orange
    - Mustard
    - Dark Olive
    - Navy
    - Dark Chocolate
    - Limited edition "Parra" slider

What slider are you using? Do you like the more polished plastic finish or the matte finish and why? Post pics too!

2. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Are there different materials used??? I got black for Christmas but I really wanted the burgundy but my dad (who gave it to me) said that the burgundy didn't feel as quality as the black... As to preference, burgundy because it's my fav. color... :)

3. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Yes there are different materials used, not every color has a matte finish nor a glossy one.

I'm afraid I lost trust with Incase, especially because of that first release of uber-tight white sliders.

4. Kenzembo1 thread starter macrumors 6502

I know there have been some problems with the case in previous times...I was even victim to these problems when I first purchased the matte black slider when it first appeared at my local Apple store and had to return it because it was too tight to take off (I needed a friend to assist). I waited till the "new" ones were available and went to the store to exchange it. I had a few other cases, but I seem to always go back to my slider...(despite these initial flaws) I think with the recent improvements they are the best iPhone cases on the market (as far as the best quality for your money).

5. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

Are there any other colors that come in the Matte? I bought the black and returned it, because everyone in my family has a black case for their iPhone. I need something a little different. So I bought the gunmetal color. It has the glossy feel and I have dropped it about 10x.

I wish there was a case that would let ne show off the back of the white iPhone and have a mattte finish.

6. Kenzembo1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Most of the more vibrant colors are available in the matte including:

- Red plum
    - Burgundy
    - Orange
    - Mustard
    - Green
    - Dark olive
    - Navy
    - Magenta
    - Dark chocolate

The Apple store seems to only have a limited selection of these colors but all of them are available on goincase.com...if you're looking to stand out, I would go with something like orange or green (my sister has the matte green on her white iPhone and it looks awesome! The green is like a bright mint color). I think you're out of luck however if you're looking for a slider with a see-through back (I'd probably buy it in a heartbeat! :D)

7. Benjic macrumors regular

The only reason they don't have a Matte White case is simply because of dirt buildup, the white Incipio Feather has this problem and within two weeks of purchasing it, it was disgustingly dirty and I took it back, went to the white slider and am a very happy camper.

8. AGIPSY macrumors regular

9. Kenzembo1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope. I believe they make a glossy black version as well

10. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I haven't seen one of those glossy black sliders (for the iPhone 3G) yet, if I somehow missed them, do you mind if you can post a link?

11. AGIPSY macrumors regular

yeah I don't thin they have them for the 3g either. i meant do they have glossy colors? it doesn't look like it on the website. i think the metallic red one is pretty sweet though.

12. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I'm assuming Kenzembo saw the glossy black slider for the 1st gen iPhone.

13. Kenzembo1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea, the one I saw must have been for the 1st gen iPhone cuz I browsed both the Apple store (online) and the Incase website and and couldn't find the glossy black for the 3g (or any glossy colors for that matter).

AGIPSY, I agree- the metallic colors look pretty sweet, especially the red! I'm going to the Apple store to return the matte black slider that I bought when it first came out for the 3g because it's too snug and I'll probably get a better look at some of these colors (I have to say, I kind of like the orange one).

14. Dakotafan macrumors 6502

15. Clyde099 macrumors regular

16. janelovesyou macrumors newbie

I have the Gold metallic one and I previously had the Black slider case that I got from Target. I really liked the black one, but the only reason I returned it was because I didn't like the color. The feel of it was awesome, and I could tell it would be hard to drop the phone with that kind of material b/c the rubbery feel of it was easy to grip. I did drop it do to my own clumsiness and it just scuffed up a small corner of the case.

The gold one is really glossy and feels like it could slip easily out of your hand but I love the look of it. I have dropped this one as well really hard and unfortunately it cracked in 2 places and has 2 large scuffs on it. I feel like the normal slider wouldn't have cracked like that. But I will say that I dropped my phone so hard and if I hadn't had the slider on it, my 3 week old iphone would have been a goner.

17. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

I bought a matte black slider yesterday, and I like it a lot. But today, I noticed a gap between the bottom and top portions of the case. Also when I took the case off to clean the phone today, I noticed that one of the black rubber strips on the inside of the top case, had come out of it's groove, an the rubber strip had streched a lot. I'm going to take this one back to the Apple store and exchange it for a green one today.

Don

18. KyPosey macrumors regular

KyPosey

i just like my basic white one, looks good and doesnt dry out my hands like the silicon ones.